Oops! Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request.

Hi - I get this Oops error page when accessing as a "customer" - and no error information is given though. So I started to follow troubleshooting tips and soon realised I cannot login to the admin side either - same error.

I was on 7.5, which was working fine - but suspect it auto-updated to 7.5.1 in last day or so?

So - any ideas where I can see what's going awry? Or how to roll back if 7.5.1 is the culprit in some way?

Thanks

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @adz1111,

If you are unable to access your admin area, please enable the display errors option via the configuration.php file instead.

This guide shows you how: http://help.whmcs.com/m/troubleshooting/l/678796-troubleshooting-warning-messages#disabling_display_errors_in_configuration_php

That will output a more verbose error.

Thanks John

Ok - so that got me going and looks like issue is:

PHP Fatal error:  The file /home/yourscope/public_html/whmcs/bridgeipfix.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.6 and cannot run under PHP 7.1.

Looking at similar issues for others, it looked as maybe it was old / deprecated. Took a copy of it and then deleted it. I then get...

PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required '/home/yourscope/public_html/whmcs/bridgeipfix.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/yourscope/public_html/whmcs/configuration.php on line 16

So I checked my config file and sure enough there's a require for that file. Commenting that out appears to have fixed it. So the question is, is that file really required do you know? I did use a bridge service to WordPress for a little while and am wondering if that's a hangover from that (I don't use it any more)?

Thanks