Customer Product Tab

xlegends

Hi,

After latest update, Ive noticed in customer profiles under product tab of a specific product that passwords are now auto-generated. 

My operation doesnt use mods or scripts and everything is done manual. 

I cant seam to to find where to turn this pass generation off

I would like the username and pass fields to be left blank

I see where you can enable disable usernames but not pass

General - security

General - ordering 

15 hours ago, xlegends said:

After latest update, Ive noticed in customer profiles under product tab of a specific product that passwords are now auto-generated. 

what type of product is it? is it applying to only newly ordered products after the update or previous products too??

Hi Brian,

The type of product it is -- is:  Other Product/Service

All my services are in that category so theyre all showing the password in the field

I went back several months and noticed the password is in all clients' product/orders so now I am not sure if they were always there or inserted in that field since last update

Like I said I dont use any modules and run a clean stock version of whmcs and use it literally as a shopping cart and customer management

Its not a huge deal, I just dont want the customer to see that field because we manually issue the logins outside of whmcs

Edited by xlegends

10 hours ago, xlegends said:

All my services are in that category so theyre all showing the password in the field

in the product setup  'Module Settings', which module are you using for these products - because by default an OP/S wouldn't ask for a password...

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, xlegends said:

So for the long delay in response. No module is used at all.  

it's not something i'm seeing locally - if you take a look in the tblhosting database table, for one of these products showing a password, is there actually a password for that service stored in the table ?

hi brian thanks for your help. This isnt a great concern for me. I was just curious how they heck they're being auto generated. I dont have any modules or addons installed.  Since the product category is OTHER and I manage logins outside of whmcs, its really not a big deal.