Minimum renewal periods during grace/expiry period Uk domains

Hi

the new update seems to have caused a few problems for UK domains and wondered if anyone could help.

After an expiry our customers can still renew their domains right up to deletion, appx 92 days after expiry, but the whmcs says a domain can only be renewed for 1 year while passed its ecpirt date

Is there any way of making this a max 10 years instead of minimum 1 and only 1?

We only deal with UK domains so no requirement for tld etc

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ant

Hi Ant,

On 4/15/2018 at 13:38, Lowreg said:

After an expiry our customers can still renew their domains right up to deletion, appx 92 days after expiry, but the whmcs says a domain can only be renewed for 1 year while passed its expiry date.

that does seem to be by intentional design - I don't think it's true in all cases in the real world though.

Is there any way of making this a max 10 years instead of minimum 1 and only 1?

the renewal pricing array only contains values for one year... so one option might be a hook that fills the array with renewal pricing for additional years... but then i don't know if WHMCS is additionally coded to prevent multi-year renewals past expiry regardless of the renewal period value passed... you would have to test to find out or get WHMCS to confirm either way.

We only deal with UK domains so no requirement for tld etc

I tend not to let it get to this stage if possible, but you can certainly renew expired .uk domains more than 1 year, so I can understand the problem you have here.

ideally, to get the thread spotted by relevant WHMCS staff, you should probably have posted this in the v7.5 f0rum (because this is a specific v7.5 issue and more WHMCS staff lurk there) - you could report your own post and ask that it be moved (yeah I know that's ridiculous!) - in days gone by, i'd have just said to post this again in that f0rum, but then you'll be dupe posting and TPTB don't like that now!

if the v7.5.1 maintenance release is due to come out this week, then I would suspect "fixing" this (assuming WHMCS see it as a problem - they might not) might now be too late for that release, so assuming v7.5.1 doesn't include more new bugs, it may be months until the next maintenance release.