E-mail previews

I just found there is an open request for this that hasn't received any traction in the last couple of years.

https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/e-mail-template-preview

I think it is vital to be able to debug your email messages properly without having to send a million test e-mails. I wonder how others are testing this at the moment. Is everyone just sending test emails to a user to see how an email behaves or are there tools that I have missed?

17 hours ago, ju5t said:

I just found there is an open request for this that hasn't received any traction in the last couple of years.

4 years old... that's about how long it takes to get a feature request completed here. 9_9

17 hours ago, ju5t said:

Is everyone just sending test emails to a user to see how an email behaves or are there tools that I have missed?

sending test emails is the usual way... you can add {debug} to the email template body and when you view the sent email in WHMCS (not an email program), it will launch the usual debug window so you can at least view what variables are available - especially useful if you've created custom variables and need to know that they're there.