Dummy Data for developing

flatliner

Hi all.

I have started developing some custom reports for WHMCS. Now it would be nice to have a database with some dummy orders so i can check my reports with some more data.

Is anyone aware of such a database or is something like this provided by WHMCS itself? 

I have searched in the forums and I was surprised that nobody ever asked for it. :)

On 4/3/2018 at 14:33, flatliner said:

I have searched in the forums and I was surprised that nobody ever asked for it.

they have, but it was many years ago (at least 3)... I can't find the thread here (difficult without hitting the correct search term - plus it might have been posted in a f0rum that no longer exists), nor can I find it locally (which implies that I didn't reply to it, just read it). :744_book:

On 4/3/2018 at 14:33, flatliner said:

Is anyone aware of such a database or is something like this provided by WHMCS itself? 

i'm not aware of such a database, and if my memory recalls in the previous thread, WHMCS wouldn't supply one back then either - I doubt that's changed, but you could try contacting WHMCS directly in a ticket (or one of the staff might reply here if you're lucky!). :idea:

Hi there,

We don't have a testing db to download and use. The db schema and how data is linked changes regularly and the odds of getting the test data into a state where the production db can't get is higher then you might think. We use tests that populate the system via the API a lot for these kinds of tasks.

Nate