password problems to administrative area.

Hi Everyone - first time here (and I don't think it will be my last time :$) installed WHMCS without any problems - got the two default emails, and then logged in without any errors.

Come to modify the systems settings under "General" the system asked - "You are entering an administrative area of WHMCS and must confirm your password to continue." which I did

but just keeps asking me to confirm my password and wont let me continue from that point. (little background information and I will hold my hand up to this, I have made a few errors where I

have installed system and had to remove the hosting completely from the domain and then installed it again - maybe this issue could be with the  licence key) 

Can anyone help me with this? 

thanks & regards

Martin...

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @MartinPorter,

Welcome to the WHMCS Community! This behaviour you're experiencing is not related to the licence key.

Presuming the password being entered is definitely correct, it's most likely related to a server configuration issue. Please visit the Help > System Health Status page in your WHMCS Admin area.

Are there any attention items or warnings displayed there?

The solution to the most common ones are listed at:

Hi John, and thanks for getting back to me..

I should have update the post but after pressing on the submit above,  I went back to login to panel and a error box popped up telling me that my License was wrong

(wish I took a screen shot now) but what I can remember it was telling me that License was wrong / WHMCS was not in the right place or something like that

So I went back to my hosting company and I have a option to re-issue the License, which I did and then logged back into WHMCS without any problems and into

the General Settings > Confirm password to continue come back to it today and it's happening again just keeps asking for my password. 

on the Help > System Health Status > Needing Attention I have "Looking Good! Check you out. No issues needing attention! Good job!" 

Under warnings 

I have 4 which are -  

1) Using Default Templates.

2) Website SSL - which by the way I have.

3) PHP Version - Your PHP version 7.0.28 is supported by WHMCS. (one point to look into)

4) Installed cURL Version - You currently have version 7.19.7 of cURL installed.

What I can't understand is after re-issuing the License it worked it let me in and I spent about an hour or so working on it? 

I hope the above helps? 

thanks & regards

Martin....

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @MartinPorter,

This behaviour with your licence requiring periodic reissues indicates that the IP address of your hosting server is changing frequently. If your WHMCS installation is located in a load-balanced/cloud or other high-availability environment where the external IP address output by the PHP SERVER["SERVER_ADDR"] function changes frequently, and your licence was purchased directly from us, please contact our Licensing team via https://www.whmcs.com/submit-a-ticket/ . We can make an adjustment at our end to compensate.

If your licence was purchased from your hosting provider, please go through them to request the same.

11 hours ago, WHMCS John said:

Hi @MartinPorter,

This behaviour with your licence requiring periodic reissues indicates that the IP address of your hosting server is changing frequently. If your WHMCS installation is located in a load-balanced/cloud or other high-availability environment where the external IP address output by the PHP SERVER["SERVER_ADDR"] function changes frequently, and your licence was purchased directly from us, please contact our Licensing team via https://www.whmcs.com/submit-a-ticket/ . We can make an adjustment at our end to compensate.

If your licence was purchased from your hosting provider, please go through them to request the same.

All sorted John - sent support a email this morning and my Lic has now been updated so we should be cooking on gas! 

thanks & regards

Martin...