Due date on a new order

jswilko

Hello,
I've just noticed that the due date on an invoice that has been generated for a new order that I create on a clients account is the same date as to when it was created.
Is there a way to have the due date be automatically 4 weeks after the date the order was created?
Thanks
John

Hi John,

take a look in setup -> general settings -> ordering -> order days grace

eTE7u7q.png

https://docs.whmcs.com/Ordering_Tab

You can grant your customers a grace period to make their first payment on an order before an invoice becomes overdue (thus avoiding late fees). Useful for the delay in setting up standing order and direct debit instructions.

in other words, you can set the due date in the future, by x days, for new orders.

• 1 month later...
54 minutes ago, startover909 said:

Just to be clear, when using this feature, the orders that are placed with a credit card are still charged instantly, not delayed for X days, correct? I did one test order and it seemed to be the case. Just don't want any surprises.

you'll get plenty of surprises when using WHMCS, but this won't be one of them. :)

this setting is about when invoices become considered as overdue, not when payment will be taken... which will usually be immediately unless the client chose an offline payment method.