WHMCS uses wrong two char code for Canadian territory Yukon

websavers

As described on Wikipedia here, YK is not the official two char representation for the Yukon Territory; it's YT. Plesk's API validates Canadian provinces against their official two char representations and therefore responds with this and fails to provision because of this incorrect state value:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<packet version="1.6.6.0"><customer><add><result><status>error</status><errcode>1023</errcode><errtext>cObject::update() failed: Some fields are empty or contain an improper value. ('state' = 'YK') Errors : state</errtext></result></add></customer></packet>

WHMCS should change their two char storage from YK to YT to fix this.

4 hours ago, brian! said:

your best bet for something like this is to Report it as a bug direct to WHMCS - there's no guarantee that an appropriate WHMCS staff member will come across the thread here and report it internally.

Thanks! I just don't have any faith in their bug reporting management any longer. Recently, every time I report a bug they claim it's a feature request and that I must have it vie for attention at requests.whmcs.com, when it's a fairly obscure or technical bug and likely not going to get votes. Yet it's also super simple to fix, in most cases, like this one. We'll see if I can gather the time to report this properly only to be let down by their response again.