Incorrect time displayed (WHMCS uses UTC?)

Lucas

I have my server properly setup to our timezone America/Costa_Rica and for some reason WHMCS seems to still use the timezone as UTC rather than the current time in my region. Why does it work this way? Is there a way to change this?

Thanks!

Tom,

14 hours ago, twhiting9275 said:

No need to redirect the user to another thread to answer their problem, that's just silly

is it? or does it demonstrate that the question has been asked (and answered) before, and encourage the user to use the search option in the future?

sometimes, if you just give the answer, the OP may think they're the first user it has occurred to... linking to another existing thread shows that it is not the case. 9_9

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting a warning message that date_default_timezone_set needs to be set, in what ? configuration file ? and how ? also i am getting warning that Crons has not been set. It will not set (i think linked to timezone issue) any help much appreciated.

13 hours ago, bootif5 said:

I am getting a warning message that date_default_timezone_set needs to be set, in what ? configuration file ? and how ? also i am getting warning that Crons has not been set. It will not set (i think linked to timezone issue) any help much appreciated.

In configuration.php, see the instructions I posted just a few posts up.

Hello Tom, i did read all posts, which is why i said `which configuration.php, can you say which path ? and where would i add 

date_default_timezone_set('America/Chicago');

which line ? top / bottom ?? 

i have only just started 2 months ago, so would appreciate that replies from experienced users be clear and concise. I very much appreciate any good information, because i am stuck. Thank you

13 hours ago, bootif5 said:

Hello Tom, i did read all posts, which is why i said `which configuration.php, can you say which path ? and where would i add 

There is only but one configuration file. You can't miss it.  Really, you can't. If you do, then you will need to consult with a developer. We're here to help, but we're not going to connect the dots for you

Edited by twhiting9275

4 hours ago, brian! said:

i've always put it at the end...

$templates_compiledir = 'templates_c';
$mysql_charset = 'utf8';
date_default_timezone_set('Europe/London');

I still get this same message, and am still unable to set CRONS.............Your PHP environment does not have a valid timezone setting. Please set date.timezone in php.ini to ensure correct date and time processing. If date.timezone is set in php.ini and this warning is still shown, please check the spelling of the timezone identifier...........(this is not just happened, i have been trying for 6 weeks, which is why i ask for specifics, thanks for your  input ppl)

Thanks so much for your help, i have also had some SSL issues too. 

I am 53, and have become disabled after accident, so trying to learn new career. And only started 3 months ago. Every time i have a problem, i learn so much. So i feel relaxed. Thank you again.