PDF invoice prints out an extra blank page

markc

PDF invoice generation works okay but when a client wants to print out an invoice there is a second extra page that is blank... an annoying waste of paper that irritates my clients. I have confirmed this by using the print to file function for my OS (ubuntu) and sure enough there is a second blank page after the first invoice page.

What is the simplest way to rectify this problem?

13 hours ago, markc said:

What is the simplest way to rectify this problem?

which version of WHMCS, which template and have modified the invoicepdf.tpl template in any way ?

I tend to print them using Acrobat Reader, rather than using the browser, as it gives a more accurate display - and I can't recall it ever printing a second blank page when using Reader.

WHMCS 7.4.2-release.1 and I do have a mildly tweaked copy of the six theme as my real theme but I just checked and invoicepdf.tpl is exactly the same size in my theme and the six theme, so, no modifications to that template. Most of my clients run linux desktops so printing via Acrobat Reader is not really an option. Attached is an example, I tried to make the logo smaller but I couldn't get that to work (in case it was pushing the first page over some limit) but there seems to be plenty of space at the bottom of the first page anyway. The pagesize is set to A4. I'm not sure where the page header and footer are coming from, perhaps from the six theme?

Any suggestions welcome.

20180125_105203.jpg

13 hours ago, markc said:

WHMCS 7.4.2-release.1 and I do have a mildly tweaked copy of the six theme as my real theme but I just checked and invoicepdf.tpl is exactly the same size in my theme and the six theme, so, no modifications to that template.

checking your custom invoicepdf.tpl, I can confirm it's the same as the default version from the v7.4.2 release.

but looking at your screenshots, i'd be tempted to think it's the browser, or whichever program you're using to view the PDF files, that is changing the output... that shrunken framed box is the actual PDF file generated by WHMCS; the text in the header/footer is being generated by the viewing program.

is it an option for you to try another browser/program to view the file?

Thanks brian!, I kept poking around and I'm pretty sure you are right that it's 100% up to whatever is printing the generated page. In this case it's generally Firefox (KDE/Neon desktop on a *buntu/debian OS) by clicking on the Print button when the customer views the invoice in their WHMCS billing area. I've found a very simple workaround that will do the trick... just force the printer dialog to print the first page! Duh! The unknowing end user may get caught out the first time they go to print an invoice via the web page Print button but if I know when queried and add it the the Knowlegebase then that basically solves my problem.

Single page print options

Edited by markc
Remove bold text