Configurable options - minimum of 1 across all options

Hi Guys,

I've used OpenSRS email module to set up email services in whims: https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/2094 

I've got it configured according to their instructions. However the pricing is misleading, my WHMCS product has it's price set to 0.00 and each configurable option has a price set - there are three options: Mailboxes, Email filtering and Email forwarding.  However, this results in false information on the first page of the shopping cart for the customer.  If I set the minimum required amount for each configurable option to 0 then the cart reads "Starting From £0.00 Annually".  If I set the minimum for each configurable option to 1 then the cart reads "Starting from £22.50 Annually"  Both of these statements are incorrect.

A customer must have to chose one of the options but should not be forced to buy a mailbox if they only want forwarding, so setting the required minimum for each option is not what I want.  However, if i set the minimums to 0 then the initial text says "starting from £0.00 annually" which is misleading because actually the cheapest option (Email forwarding) is priced at £5 annually so I want it to say "Starting From £5 Annually".  When at the options the cart should force the customer to purchase at least one option, but not a specific one.

You can actually try it here: https://web-hosting.blueleafstudio.net/cart.php?gid=2

Hopefully you can see the conundrum here, does anyone know how to configure openSRS email services so that the above is not the case?  Thanks in advance.

Edited by ralphonz

27 minutes ago, ralphonz said:

Hopefully you can see the conundrum here, does anyone know how to configure openSRS email services so that the above is not the case?

I think you might have to attack it from the other direction, and tweak the cart rather than any OpenSRS email settings...

as I understand it, you have two problems...

1. the price shown on the products page.
  2. prevent the user continuing the cart process with no configurable options.

the first one can simply be resolved by faking the price using a line of code in products.tpl...

<span class="pricing">{$product.pricing.minprice.price}</span>

changes to...

<span class="pricing">{if $product.pid eq '3'}£5.00GBP{else}{$product.pricing.minprice.price}{/if}</span>

it would get more complicated if you were using multiple currencies (which it looks like you're not), but ultimately you could do the above using a hook if you wanted to...

for the second step, and at the product configuration stage, I don't see a Smarty solution... html5 patterns wouldn't work either,  so it might require some jQuery.

one possible solution might be to set the minimums of all 3 to zero, and then use jQuery to sum the configuration values and if they equal 0, show an alert...

certainly, by the time you get to View Cart, you could do it in Smarty, but I assume you don't want them getting that far before being warned.

you could try contacting OpenSRS Support, as it's their product and they may have been asked it before, but I suspect they'd just tell you it was an issue with WHMCS.