It dawns on me that I've never actually 'introduced' myself. Hi , all!

twhiting9275

Ya know, looking through this community, it dawns on me that hey, I've never actually introduced myself in here.... So, hey, how's it going, the name's Tom. I'm a WHMCS 'guru', been working with the software since 2007. From time to time, I drop out of the community world for a bit, but looking to correct that. Some other cool stuff about me:

I've been involved in the computer world since early - mid 80s now. 
My first was a Timex Sinclair 1000 , back in the day when we had to actually program our own stuff to get it to work. No disks, it was all saved on cassette . God I miss those days :)
I've been working online, as this or that, full time since 2002. I started out with a little known server admin company, then started doing WHMCS modules, addons, stuff like that.
I've been working with various programming languages since that TS 1000, but started getting more and more focused with this stuff in the early - mid 90s, doing C programming for telnet based gaming (MUDs for those that know what that is)
I started working with PHP / MySQL in the late 90s, trying to tie in one of said MUDs to a really crappy website (thanks, PHP-Nuke)

When I'm not online, I'm usually watching TV, or somewhere hiding out on Xbox Live. that is, when the cats let me enjoy myself
I'm the guy that'll call it as he sees it. Have always been that way

Enough said. Just thought I'd take a moment, pop in and actually 'introduce' myself :) 

5 minutes ago, twhiting9275 said:

My first was a Timex Sinclair 1000 , back in the day when we had to actually program our own stuff to get it to work.

ooh, that's a ZX-81... I can still remember how hard that "keyboard" was to press... never owned one though.

21 minutes ago, twhiting9275 said:

No disks, it was all saved on cassette. :)

... and the loading sound. -_-