Overriding WHMCS max_execution_time

I have migrated some client records and now doing bulk updating of passwords in WHMCS. I am getting the error "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 300 seconds exceeded in /home/whmcs/public_html/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Security/Hash/Password.php on line 0" despite having max_execution_time to 0 in the php.ini file. Does this particular file throwing this error override php.ini? Whats the workaround?

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

Hello

Thank you for your post!

We set the max_execution_time to 300 by default however you can override this by adding the following variable to your configuration.php file:

$overidephptimelimit=600;

The example above sets the max_execution_time to 600, however you can adjust it to your needs.

Please note: This variable is deliberately misspelt, it's not an error, we do this on purpose.

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2018 at 4:43 PM, WHMCS Alex said:

Hello

Thank you for your post!

We set the max_execution_time to 300 by default however you can override this by adding the following variable to your configuration.php file:

The example above sets the max_execution_time to 600, however you can adjust it to your needs.

Please note: This variable is deliberately misspelt, it's not an error, we do this on purpose.

Hi

I try place $overidephptimelimit=600; on configuration.php but the result show 0 

On 1/19/2018 at 9:43 AM, WHMCS Alex said:

Hello

Thank you for your post!

"We" meaning WHMCS correct? I was looking everywhere on how WHMCS had a local value of 300 for the max_execution_time and I couldn't find it anywhere. I looked in php and apache config files with obviously no luck. This did it though, and I just want to add my option on the matter. 300 is way too low for 2018 hardware, especially when you have more than even 100 customers. If you're sending more than 100 emails with the bulk email feature then it always times out when set to 300. Thanks for the post. I'm thanking tech and the poster.

5 hours ago, robetus said:

"We" meaning WHMCS correct? I was looking everywhere on how WHMCS had a local value of 300 for the max_execution_time and I couldn't find it anywhere. I looked in php and apache config files with obviously no luck. This did it though, and I just want to add my option on the matter. 300 is way too low for 2018 hardware, especially when you have more than even 100 customers. If you're sending more than 100 emails with the bulk email feature then it always times out when set to 300. Thanks for the post. I'm thanking tech and the poster.

Same with you, I have searched for the Local Value of php.ini but no luck. Just wan't to increase max_execution_time this has made me very frustrated.

I hope there is support that can solve this problem immediately