Override autosuspend should auto check when selecting a date

On multiple occasions now I've set a date for override auto-suspend and managed to miss checking the box beside it. While this is obviously user error, it's not the first time it has happened and unfortunately results in some serious problems where client's systems are auto-suspended because of my negligence.

I think that to prevent this, the checkbox should auto-check when you click in the date field to select a date.

7 hours ago, jas8522 said:

On multiple occasions now I've set a date for override auto-suspend and managed to miss checking the box beside it. While this is obviously user error, it's not the first time it has happened and unfortunately results in some serious problems where client's systems are auto-suspended because of my negligence.

I think that to prevent this, the checkbox should auto-check when you click in the date field to select a date.

the following ActionHook code will add few Javascript lines to product details page, once you specify a date for the "Override Auto-Suspend" it will automatically tick the checkbox beside it, create new PHP file inside /includes/hooks/ directory and copy this code inside it

<?php
/**
 * Automatically tick/untick "Override Auto-Suspend" checkbox 
 * when you specify/removed the date accordingly
 * @author SENTQ
 */

if (!defined("WHMCS")){
    die("This file cannot be accessed directly");
}

add_hook("AdminAreaHeadOutput", 1, function($vars){

if ($vars['filename'] !== "clientsservices"){
        return;
    }

return <<<EOF
<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function(){
    $(document).on("change", "[name='overidesuspenduntil']", function(){
        var overrideAutoSuspend = $(this).val();
        if (overrideAutoSuspend.length > 0){
            $('[name="overideautosuspend"]').prop({checked: "checked"});
        }
        else {
            $('[name="overideautosuspend"]').prop({checked: ""});
        }
    });
});
</script>
EOF;

});

8 hours ago, jas8522 said:

Aaaand you would be correct.
I mean, yes, as you said, this is a user error, but one would think that software should be able to anticipate what could go wrong, and prevent this. In this case, don't let it submit if it's not checked.
Or maybe remove the checkbox all together?  I mean this is one of those things silly like 

Are you sure you want to exit the game?

5 hours ago, sentq said:

the following ActionHook code will add few Javascript lines to product details page, once you specify a date for the "Override Auto-Suspend" it will automatically tick the checkbox beside it, create new PHP file inside /includes/hooks/ directory and copy this code inside it

Awesome, thanks for the hook!

Edited by jas8522