Automatic Domain Registration

ddg8176

My web host people say that to do automatic registration through eNom I will need to use RegistryRocket... some kind of credit card processing feature with eNom. Doesn't WHMCS handle automatic registration with eNom for me? I was under the impression that WHMCS would allow customers to register a domain and choose a hosting plan, take their payment via my PayPal account, help me bill them regularly, etc. Can anyone please shed some light on this?

If you have an enom account, simply activate the enom module in your WHMCS install and enter your account details.

Ensure enom support have your server IP (where you have whmcs installed), and you're good to go.

You don't use Registry Rocket.

Si

Thanks for the reply. I have already setup WHMCS for eNom and entered my account details. I called eNom and gave them my server ip. I was under the impression that I was good... although, I am still a little fuzzy on how the process works. I'm thinking customers will register their domains with my eNom account through WHMCS. eNom will charge my card on file with them. WHMCS will handle receiving the payment and sending it to my PayPal account... Is that pretty much it in a nutshell or am I missing something?

• 1 month later...
If you have an enom account, simply activate the enom module in your WHMCS install and enter your account details.

Si

I created an account with enom and when I log in, they send me to EnomCentral.com which is their retail website.

Is this account the same one I will use in WHMCS?

Thanks for the reply. I have already setup WHMCS for eNom and entered my account details. I called eNom and gave them my server ip. I was under the impression that I was good... although, I am still a little fuzzy on how the process works. I'm thinking customers will register their domains with my eNom account through WHMCS. eNom will charge my card on file with them. WHMCS will handle receiving the payment and sending it to my PayPal account... Is that pretty much it in a nutshell or am I missing something?

Pretty much. Although I never signed up directly thru ENOM for a domain reseller account i used my old ModernDNS account which stays on the enom page for everything.