whois lookup provider

MtAydemir

Hi,

Our New Year's campaign came to the saint of centralnic foundation. Our Whois questions are blocked.
We removed the blocking by passing the communication but it will still be blocked when we reach the limit.

What is the way to overcome this?

When we set up the location we use as the registration agency, whois lookup provider, will this problem be removed?

In addition; for example: when we set resellerclub as the whois lookup provider:

We use multiple registrars. That's why we can not search for extensions that are not resellerclup.

How do we solve this?

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @MtAydemir,

When you chose a lookup provider such as eNom or ResellerClub, WHMCS will fall-back to a standard whois lookup if the TLD is not supported by that lookup provider.

I expect both eNom and ResellerClub to support CentralNIC domains, so you should be able to use them as lookup providers thereby avoiding hitting a whois server limit. If you sell other domains not supported by these providers, clients will still be able to check their availability through WHMCS and standard whois will be used. 

@WHMCS John

No it is not. When another whois lookup provider is selected, an extension that is not in that provider is never queried.

The tld that is not that provider does not return to the standard whois lookup side.

For example:
When Resellerclub is active, the TLDs provided by nic.tr are not queried.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @MtAydemir,

I've been able to replicate this issue on my end as well. Case #CORE-10906 is open with our developers in order to have this reviewed for future releases. Once we resolve cases and push features they are available at our change log, here:

https://changelog.whmcs.com/

I apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this.

10 minutes ago, WHMCS John said:

Hi @MtAydemir,

I've been able to replicate this issue on my end as well. Case #CORE-10906 is open with our developers in order to have this reviewed for future releases. Once we resolve cases and push features they are available at our change log, here:

https://changelog.whmcs.com/

I apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this.

Ok. Thank you for your interest.