Invoice, Promotion Code Question....

jeffuk

If a customer purchases a product, and then goes on to purchase the same product with a promotion code that makes the product FREE, will they still get monthly invoices?

If I set it so that the code only works for Existing Clients and a maximum use of 4 times, is that then set for a max use per user or just for that one code?

Thank you

10 minutes ago, jeffuk said:

If a customer purchases a product, and then goes on to purchase the same product with a promotion code that makes the product FREE, will they still get monthly invoices?

the answer should be yes for a number of reasons -

1. it's not free, it will be recurring at 0.00 (which to you and me is the same thing, but not to WHMCS).
  2. also depends if the promo code is recurring... if it isn't, when the code has recurred x times (set by you), it will then begin to generate an invoice for the full amount.
14 minutes ago, jeffuk said:

If I set it so that the code only works for Existing Clients and a maximum use of 4 times, is that then set for a max use per user or just for that one code?

https://docs.whmcs.com/Promotions#Limiting_Usage

In the Maximum Uses field, enter the number of uses that you want to allow (the number of times that the promotion has already been used will be shown below the field)

to answer your question, it's the total number of times that code can be used... so when it's been used 4 times, it is no longer valid - those 4 uses could be one existing user using it 4 times, or 4 existing users using it once each... it's not 4 uses per user.

Yes, it will be recurring at 0.00 indefinitely or until their main package is cancelled which I can deal with manually.

I need to have a good think about this. I need to find a way for customers to buy additional packages without having to pay again if they have purchased the product once but at the same time limit it to 4 per user.

I'll find a way... Thanks, Brian.

there used to be a Product Limiter module, now free, that limits the quantity of any product a user can have...

https://docs.jetapps.com/whmcs-product-limiter-about

though bear in mind that it's no longer being updated and I haven't tested it with v7 - so if you have a dev installation, you could test it with that to see if it does what you want.

there's also ModulesGarden's Discount Center module, which may be an alternate paid path to using promotion codes.