Auracle vs. SupportTrio vs. Kayako vs. WHMCS

datawebcorp

I'm currently using WHMCS for Tickets, KnowledgeBuilder (by Active Campaign, the makers of SupportTrio) as a knowledgebase (I like the overall layout better then anything else out there) and TrioLive for chat (the free version, also by Active Campaign).

Frankly, I'm pretty happy w/it all, but I do wish I had the ability to easily attach/link Knowledgebase article to support tickets responses.

I'm wondering if anyone here has used two or more of any of these support scripts and if they can tell me what they liked/disliked about each one. I'm currently evaluating the Auracle product, but I do NOT like the java-based desktop client as I prefer a fully web-based system.

Any comment or feedback about these or any other support scripts would be appreciated.

Kayako is the best I have yet to find, I use the complete package that has the support ticket system and the support ticket system. It has a lot of options available to you and will be integrated into WHMCS this coming few weeks. Kayako is used by some of the largest company's out there like HostGater and many others. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me.

Hey There Brian,

I use Auracle, well now Saeven|CRM and at first I voiced the same concerns as you in terms of the java desktop client. However, in time I got used to it and it became pretty convenient.

To really answer your question though, there are a few options:

1) S|CRM does provide an administrative portal through the web interface, while not nearly as powerful as the desktop client it will still let you get things done, like answering tickets.

2) If it's an issue of portability, you can do as i do, i load the desktop client and a JRE on a usb flashdrive and take it around with me. I can load up the client on public computers even without admin privileges, comes in quite handy.

On another note now that there is a really really tight WHMCS/SCRM integration script integrating the two platforms is simple, effective and efficient. Much like the kayako integration listed elsewhere on the site, SCRM can link tickets between the two platforms and it includes a login-share modules much like kayako, so end users can log into (and log out of for that matter) both platforms at once!

We've been using Trio for a few years now (4 I think) havingmoved from a mixture of perldesk, some inhouse systems, and everyone just remembering everything.

I downloaded (and in some cases bought) and tested about 6 products, including kayako which was the golden-boy at the time, but found ActiveCampaign's development team much more responsive to enhancement requests and much quicker at fixing the issues - i found over 20 bugs in kayako and three times that in SupportTrio in the first week of trying to use them.

No idea if Kayako ever got most of them all fixed, I gave the licence away after 6 weeks of frustration.

AC on the other hand started providing patches and updates within 3 days and we have maintained a good working relationship throughout, yes there are still bugs and quirks. QA isnt always their strongest point 9every new version fixes bugs, adds features, but tends to introduce new ones - bit like every other software company really)

Looked a Cerberus, but it's nothing more than an email client - in which case you might as well use outlook with imap folders to do your support

Ticket Stats (2007)

Closed/Resolved 319,721

Open/Waiting 2,947

Like anything - if it gets popular/large/busy you will want it on a dedicated server.

IMHO the triolive is a bit of a resource-hog, but customers like it, just *dont* expect to run trio, triolive, whmcs all on the same box unless you're putting in a few Gb RAM and using a decent processor - they're *critical* to your business and should be treated as such.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I have been trying to use the trial of vision for a day now. It took more than a day for them just to get me from pending to a active account! Then after I download the software, the damn key won't download, you get a file not found when trying.

I'm thinking that it's just not worth it guys... Anyone one else having the trouble from them as well?