Setting limits in payment gateways

Remitur

Sometimes it happens that users make unusual and strange payments.

I.e., a customer has to pay an invoice of 30 €; he has € 29,70 of credit, so he applies available credit and complete the payment with a Paypal transaction of 30c (while the transaction fee of Paypal is 35c...)

Or a customer needs to do a large payment (i.e. € 1500) and makes it with Paypal, while it would be better a wire transfer...

So, it would be great for each gateway to setup an upper and lower limit (i.e. Paypal: lower payment€ 5, upper payment € 800, wire transfer lower payment € 30, no upper limit, and so on...)

Do you know of any module or trick which may allow such a setting?

45 minutes ago, Remitur said:

Do you know of any module or trick which may allow such a setting?

I don't know of a module that covers this - by country, client, product etc yes, but not by amounts... :?:

instinctively, i'm sure it's just going to be an {if} statement in the template(s), e.g checkout and/or viewinvoice, to remove specific gateways as options, based on order value and/or credit balance... and if that is the case, then you could likely use a hook to remove those option(s) from the gateway array instead.. of course, if they *want* to send you a PayPal amount of >1500 or a wire transfer <30, then they can do that direct and away from WHMCS, but you should certainly be able to limit the payment options within WHMCS by template tweak and/or hook.