List upcoming invoices

akust0m

Hello,

Is there a native or custom way to obtain a list of upcoming invoices that have not been created/issued yet?

For example, if you have pro-rata billing for the 1st of the month but invoices haven't been raised just yet, is there a way to list these even though they haven't been raised yet?

I was going to see if I could write a query but I thought I'd see if anyone had a solution first :)

Thanks!

there is an admin widget, written for v6, that will still work on v7 (I have it running on of our v7 devs).

it's on my list of things to do to rewrite it for v7 (basically use the new widget hook, replace the mySQL queries with capsule and improve the output) - but as it is now, it should still work for you.

i'm not sure if it handles pro-rata, it should do but I can't remember testing it against pro-rata services - perhaps if you install it, and it works, then let me know and it's one task I won't have to check for when updating.

Hi @brian!

Works well! I've manually removed a couple of columns that I didn't need, but apart from that, it works great!

Is there an easy to way to include a total for the 'Amount' column?

Edit: Also, would it be easy to make this a custom report instead of a widget?

Thanks!

Edited by akust0m

9 hours ago, akust0m said:

Is there an easy to way to include a total for the 'Amount' column?

a total in what sense? you mean to show the three total values of upcoming domains/addons and products/services??

that would likely be just a tweak to the SQL query (by adding a sum into it), or by adding the amount values within the foreach loop(s)...

9 hours ago, akust0m said:

Edit: Also, would it be easy to make this a custom report instead of a widget?

reports and widgets are basically just two different methods of outputting the results of SQL queries - and you already have the queries, so it should just be a case of altering a report's output to show the results...

all the reports supplied with WHMCS are not encrypted, so you could take an existing report, duplicate it, modify the queries and then modify the output... it's not going to be a 5 minute job, but it shouldn't be impossible either. :idea: