Domain Registrars

JohnnyFever

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and looks like there is lots of possible help should I need it. I am also new to using WHMCS.

Anyway, I am just wondering if anyone knows what the best reseller domain registrar is with the best prices that have the whois id protect addon. Obviously by posting in this forum the registrar must have the ability to run on WHMCS. I have an enom account and some domains are priced ok but being from Canada having the .ca tld is important and when I see they are selling to resellers for $49.99/yr is outrageous. Especially when I see one domain reseller selling .ca for $2.

I know this may not get any answers because people may not want to share their favorite company but worth a shot.

Thanks,
Johnny

Hi Johnny!

I am new too at WHMCS. Before start this project, I made an small research about domains pricing and I found the same scenario but with .mx domains (I am from Mexico). Most of domains registrars for resellers are really expensive and Enom is part of that group of my research. Right now I am using ResellerClub as main registrar. Still being a little expensive in my opinion, but is really cheap vs Enom and other options.

Remember I didn't an exhaustive research, but maybe this opinion can be useful for you.

Greetings!

7 hours ago, JohnnyFever said:

being from Canada having the .ca tld is important and when I see they are selling to resellers for $49.99/yr is outrageous. Especially when I see one domain reseller selling .ca for $2.

I would have thought you'd be looking at paying $15 USD max... e.g OpenSRS (a Canadian company) charge $15, resell.biz will charge slightly less (about $13 to us).

3 hours ago, Marco Aguilar said:

Right now I am using ResellerClub as main registrar.

resell.biz are offering a promotion price, for the next three weeks, on new .mx registrations of about $12/yr... their default price seems to be about $45/yr - which looks expensive to me.

basically, it might be wise to use a number of different registrars rather than putting all your eggs in one basket (even though that would be simpler). :idea: