How to add variable to smarty template

d!nesh

I have a create a hook on event AdminAreaViewTicketPage to grab the customfield values of all services belongs to that client. I have the array with all the values but if I return it from function, just the word "Array" is displayed in view ticket page instead of a variable in the template. I have followed the below link and also the sample code on it behaves same.

https://developers.whmcs.com/themes/php/

thanks.

@d!nesh what are you trying to do in the template?

the Admin view ticket page is one of the few that is templated (viewticket.tpl) - so you already have direct access to the template to make any changes you wish... and you have access to the $customfields array too.

ultimately, you could use the AdminAreaPage hook if you need/want to use hooks.

27 minutes ago, brian! said:

have you checked the $customfields array... or even the customfields tab on the page ??

yes, the custom field array is empty and so the message "No Custom Fields Setup for this Department" is displayed in the customfields tab. I don't have any custom field setup under the support department so its normal to have the $customfields array empty. But I have custom fields in the client services which I want to show on ticket page.

Exactly. I already grabbed the array of client products using localAPI command GetClientsProducts but I was not able to return that array to smarty adminareaviewticketpage hook.  Now, I have changed the hook to AdminAreaPage and achieved the array in template.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.