dashboard

I really don't care for the new dashboard in these newer versions of WHMCS I just now upgraded form 7.0.2 to 7.3.

Anyway on all other updates I would just replace the "system_overview.php"  found in modules/widgets directory.  But with this 7.3 version there is no "system_overview.php"

file.  So is there a way for me to get my old dashboard back or am I more or less stuck with this new look?

Thanks

the new system overview widget is called Overview.php - but if you want to use the old one, there's nothing to stop you copying the system_overview.php file across to the widgets folder, and then going to setup -> staff management -> administrator roles and then ticking the specific widget checkbox to enable it for those role(s).

JUDmdyv.png

functionally, it should still work in v7.3, but it's layout may not be ideal (when compared to the other widgets).

Thanks but that didn't work.  I'll just try and get used to this new look.  It does seem to make you click all more places before you can get to where your going.  Example past due invoices.  I used to click once and it showed them all Now I have to go billing -- > invoices --> overdue   So this will just take time to get used to all the clicking to get around. 

8 hours ago, crshep said:

Thanks but that didn't work.

I did try it on a v7.3 dev before posting and it does work - as I said, it won't look great, but from a quick glance, I think it was accurate.

8 hours ago, crshep said:

It does seem to make you click all more places before you can get to where your going.  Example past due invoices.  I used to click once and it showed them all Now I have to go billing -- > invoices --> overdue

i'm not sure where you mean - can't you just click on the overdue invoices link at the top of the admin area?

Iu1bKYN.png

1 hour ago, crshep said:

No I do not see that on mine.

oh sorry - you're using the v4 admin template... in all my time using WHMCS, i've mainly used Blend.

but you could modify the /admin/templates/v4/header.tpl template and add whichever links you want to it...

<div id="welcome">{$_ADMINLANG.global.welcomeback} <strong>{$admin_username}</strong>&nbsp;&nbsp;- <a href="../" title="Client Area">{$_ADMINLANG.global.clientarea}</a> | <a href="#" id="shownotes" title="My Notes">{$_ADMINLANG.global.mynotes}</a> | <a href="myaccount.php" title="My Account">{$_ADMINLANG.global.myaccount}</a> | <a href="orders.php?status=Pending" id="pending" title="Pending">({$sidebarstats.services.pending}) {$_ADMINLANG.stats.pendingorders}</a> | <a href="invoices.php?status=Overdue" id="overdue" title="Overdue">({$sidebarstats.invoices.overdue}) {$_ADMINLANG.stats.overdueinvoices}</a> | <a href="supporttickets.php" id="tickets" title="Tickets">({$sidebarstats.tickets.awaitingreply}) {$_ADMINLANG.stats.ticketsawaitingreply}</a> | <a href="logout.php" title="Logout">{$_ADMINLANG.global.logout}</a>{$topBarNotification}</div>

sQV5PFg.png

1 hour ago, crshep said:

and as far as the widgets you showed me again that option is not on mine either

I just tried it in v4 and it's there - it will be at the bottom of the screen though...

nVeQgp4.png

On 10/8/2017 at 8:52 AM, brian! said:

oh sorry - you're using the v4 admin template... in all my time using WHMCS, i've mainly used Blend.

but you could modify the /admin/templates/v4/header.tpl template and add whichever links you want to it...

<div id="welcome">{$_ADMINLANG.global.welcomeback} <strong>{$admin_username}</strong>&nbsp;&nbsp;- <a href="../" title="Client Area">{$_ADMINLANG.global.clientarea}</a> | <a href="#" id="shownotes" title="My Notes">{$_ADMINLANG.global.mynotes}</a> | <a href="myaccount.php" title="My Account">{$_ADMINLANG.global.myaccount}</a> | <a href="orders.php?status=Pending" id="pending" title="Pending">({$sidebarstats.services.pending}) {$_ADMINLANG.stats.pendingorders}</a> | <a href="invoices.php?status=Overdue" id="overdue" title="Overdue">({$sidebarstats.invoices.overdue}) {$_ADMINLANG.stats.overdueinvoices}</a> | <a href="supporttickets.php" id="tickets" title="Tickets">({$sidebarstats.tickets.awaitingreply}) {$_ADMINLANG.stats.ticketsawaitingreply}</a> | <a href="logout.php" title="Logout">{$_ADMINLANG.global.logout}</a>{$topBarNotification}</div>

sQV5PFg.png

I just tried it in v4 and it's there - it will be at the bottom of the screen though...

nVeQgp4.png

Well it's NOT at the bottom of mine. But I do see it if I change to blend like you said.

I also tried Original but once I click home it says "

Oops!

Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request.

Please go back to the previous page and try again.

"

So apparently that one doesn't work. I was going to see the layout on that one.  Oh well I'll just keep clicking around to get what I need done until the next update and maybe they will make is easier again. 

18 minutes ago, crshep said:

I also tried Original...

https://docs.whmcs.com/Version_6.0_Release_Notes#Admin_Area_Templates

Original Theme Removed

Version 6.0 sees the deprecation of the original admin area theme. This will no longer be included in WHMCS 6.0 and above and is no longer supported.

so the Original theme got removed from WHMCS over 2 years ago (July 2015), so I would expect it to cause issues if you try to use it with v7.3.

20 minutes ago, crshep said:

Oh well I'll just keep clicking around to get what I need done until the next update and maybe they will make is easier again.

ah you're a glass half full type of guy! :smile2:

in fairness, my v7.3 dev is a clean install from beta; but if you've just been upgrading constantly, then there's going to be a lot of old files lying around that could be causing these issues.