Sales Groups not working on all tlds

aknight

v 7.2.1

If I add a NEW sales group to .com and click save changes, everything works as expected. I see the NEW option in WHMCS as well as portal/domainchecker/. When I do the same to .me and click save changes, the NEW option disappears.

i'm probably going to need to see a screenshot of where its "disappearing" from, e.g tables, spotlight TLD box etc... it sounds wrong to me and not how that page works (unless you were searching for a domain where the .me was already taken) :?:

i'm probably going to need to see a screenshot of where its "disappearing" from, e.g tables, spotlight TLD box etc... it sounds wrong to me and not how that page works (unless you were searching for a domain where the .me was already taken) :?:

I'm at setup > Products and Services > Domain Pricing

Add the SALE group to .me, scroll to the bottom and click save, screen returns to the to, scroll down and SALE is gone.

Hi Allan,

That is exactly what I am doing, but when I go back to the tld after clicking save, the Sales Group is missing. I just noticed as well that I added .me to my spotlight tlds and the price is not showing for .me

it sounds as though you may have a lot (many hundreds) of TLDs added to your domain pricing and the page is timing out when trying to update pricing (and in your case, the tags on TLDs)... :?:

take a look at the two threads below about changing some PHP settings...

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?98682-cant-add-new-tld-manually

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?96942-Adding-new-domains-to-domain-pricing&p=405551#post405551

out of curiosity, can you add a new TLD to domain pricing without issue?

with regards to the specific .me issue, I would hope the above would resolve the issue... there used to be a bug if a TLD had a tag and was a spotlight too, but that got resolved months ago... I assume you haven't modified the template in any way?

I just moved .me out of alphabetical order and placed it in the 5th position and I am now able to add the SALE sales group and it sticks.

The price of the domain is still not appearing in the spotlight but that may be cache related.

I just moved .me out of alphabetical order and placed it in the 5th position and I am now able to add the SALE sales group and it sticks.

well at least that's some progress - though if you can't resolve this via your PHP settings, then you may still end up having to edit the database.

in my opinion, this is more of a design flaw than a bug - when the page was originally designed many years ago, it would have been before the explosion of available TLDs... so it works fine with a few dozen TLDs added... get into the hundreds and that's when you'll start running into issues... and duplicating TLD will work because it's only passing one TLD to the database rather than the hundreds when you save changes.

The price of the domain is still not appearing in the spotlight but that may be cache related.

i'm not seeing it on your website either - i'd be inclined to try another TLD just to see whether it's something weird about .me in your database... I quickly tried it yesterday on a 7.2.1 dev and it shows the .me price and logo without issue... so I don't think it's a generic issue.

if it were me, i'd add {debug} to the end of the domainregister.tpl template and see if .me is in the featureTLD array - logically it must be to be shown, but i'd be investigating its pricing values.

• 6 years later...