Add menu item to home-shortcuts navigation

graisbeck

Hi,

I can add a menu item to the primary and secondary navbars no problem (thanks to brian!), but how do I add a menu item to the "how can we help today" navigation? I've already created my SSL products which automatically show in the sidebar navigation, but I want the link to be available from the homepage too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by graisbeck

to do that you need to go old skool and edit a template! :)

if you take a look in header.tpl, you see the following code...

<div class="home-shortcuts">

that entire block of code controls the menu that you're talking about - so you'll need to add your link in there.

to do that you need to go old skool and edit a template! :)

if you take a look in header.tpl, you see the following code...

<div class="home-shortcuts">

that entire block of code controls the menu that you're talking about - so you'll need to add your link in there.

Hi brian!,

I've got the link working (as image shows)but I don't understand how the ID (id="btnOrderHosting") works, so I have used the same ID as the hosting link and copied the url as used in the sidebar menu to link the page, as below. I feel sure you will correct me on this :lol:

<li>
                           <a id="btnOrderHosting" href="cart.php?gid=2">
                               <i class="fa fa-lock" aria-hidden="true"></i>
                               <p>
                                   {$LANG.sslcerts} <span>»</span>
                               </p>
                           </a>
                       </li>   

I've got the link working (as image shows)....

what image! :?:

but I don't understand how the ID (id="btnOrderHosting") works, so I have used the same ID as the hosting link and copied the url as used in the sidebar menu to link the page, as below. I feel sure you will correct me on this :lol:

IDs should always be unique... the world won't end because it doesn't have one, but ideally you should give it a unique ID - it won't matter what.

what image! :?:

IDs should always be unique... the world won't end because it doesn't have one, but ideally you should give it a unique ID - it won't matter what.

Sorry brian ;) image attached. So does the unique ID actually process anything? I know it has it's uses in HTML and CSS etc, but I couldn't work out why it is included.

ssl-certs.jpg

So does the unique ID actually process anything? I know it has it's uses in HTML and CSS etc, but I couldn't work out why it is included.

I think it's included so that you have the option to reference it directly - but you can do that whatever the ID is called... I doubt it will be bestowed with any magical powers and there aren't any specific references to them in the css files.

graisbeck said:
Thanks brian! I also meant to ask - how do I add fa icons to the sidebar navigation menu items? I've looked in sidebar.tpl, includes/hooks and sidebar cheatsheet, but couldn't find the actual links.

for the sake of argument, i'm going to assume it's an existing sidebar with children - if it were a new sidebar/child, then you could just add 'icon' => 'fa-circle' to the creating array (as shown in the documentation).

but let's take the categories sidebar as an example - this is what it might look like by default...

B9hkEy1.png

a little drab, but we can add icons using the following hook...

<?php

use WHMCS\View\Menu\Item as MenuItem;

add_hook('ClientAreaSecondarySidebar', 1, function(MenuItem $SecondarySidebar)
{
   if(!is_null($SecondarySidebar->getChild('Categories'))){
               $SecondarySidebar->getChild('Categories')
               ->getChild('Shared Hosting')
               ->setIcon('fa-server fa-fw');

->getChild('Game Servers')
               ->setIcon('fa-gamepad fa-fw');

->getChild('Addons')
               ->setIcon('fa-plus-circle fa-fw');
   }
});

DTyp5Je.png

btw - if the sidebars look slightly different, this is because i'm doing this in a v7.2 dev... so this is what v7.2 is going to look like later this month.

sometimes you won't need the fa-fw part (which is just to give them a fixed width).

so in summary you can just use setIcon to assign a fontawesome/glyphicon to a child... same principle works for the navbar too. :idea:

NOTE: updated for v7.6 in the thread below..