Changing the link colour of the Breadcrumbs only!

Camotec

Hey Guys,

I am integrating a custom template for my whmcs install and my design has a need for mainly dark coloured links but the background behind the breadcrumbs is dark so I need to adjust the link colour there to a lighter colour (white) I know how to manually change a link colour once off on different items but thiswon't work with breadcrumbs. Please help :D

Cheers

Ben

Sure. In the template set you're using, find "header.tpl". In that template, find this tag: "{$breadcrumbnav}", and wrap a span around it, like this:

<span class="navlink">{$breadcrumbnav}</span>

Then, in the style sheet (style.css, located in that same template's folder), create declarations for what "navlink" does. Something like this (change color and so on, to your liking):

a.navlink {

color: #FFF000;

text-decoration:underline;

}

a.navlink:hover {

text-decoration: none;

}

a.navlink:visited{

color:black;

text-decoration:none;

}

That may do it for you. ;)

Hey Bear,

Yeah i have it the same because I want the client link (when a user is logged in) to be that colour just not the breadcrumbs because I had a different background colour behind the breadcrumbs. but this is not the case now I have made the background the same and have decided to leave the breadcrumbs the same colour as the other links.

Thanks for your help.

Ben

You might have to use the replace function of Smarty. Theres a thread somewhere but I can't find it (it is only 7:30am afterall ;)). I've not yet used it, however it looks to having quite amazing effects, and has been used in a template file as well (again not sure which one)