Enable Security Questions but not Registration

yggdrasil

Does someone know if its possible to disable the filling of the security questions if they are enabled in WHMCS?

Let me resume it like this:

I want to enable security questions for users as a feature, but I don't want to make the registration form even longer and more complicated for new customers. If you enable the option in WHMCS it then forces the requirement on the sign up form for new users, but for current users this is optional, it only works once they fill a security question in their account, otherwise its ignored.

This the reason why I have it disabled, because then WHMCS requires the field on registration.

I would assume the quickest fix would be to pass any security answer as a hidden field, e.g in checkout.tpl changing the security questions block of code to...

{if $securityquestions}
                           <div class="row">
                               <div class="col-sm-6">
                                   <input type="hidden" name="securityqid" value="0">
                                   <input type="hidden" name="securityqans" value="None">
                               </div>
                           </div>
                       {/if}

you probably don't even need that first hidden field as it's likely only the answer that needs to be passed, not the choice of question.

then, at a later date of their choosing, the client will be able to update their security question and answer in the client area. :idea:

I would assume the quickest fix would be to pass any security answer as a hidden field, e.g in checkout.tpl changing the security questions block of code to...

{if $securityquestions}
                           <div class="row">
                               <div class="col-sm-6">
                                   <input type="hidden" name="securityqid" value="0">
                                   <input type="hidden" name="securityqans" value="None">
                               </div>
                           </div>
                       {/if}

you probably don't even need that first hidden field as it's likely only the answer that needs to be passed, not the choice of question.

then, at a later date of their choosing, the client will be able to update their security question and answer in the client area. :idea:

I didn't consider that. I should probably then pass dummy data, otherwise the registration would fail requesting the field to be completed. I will test that, thanks!