How to Implement a Bulk Domain Register, Bulk Domain Transfer and Price List

Dan The Man

Good day,

I recently upgraded to WHMCS V7 from a previous version and so far the improvements look great, but unfortunately a few vital features that my customers use have been removed.

How would I be able to implement a bulk domain search/register, bulk domain transfer and a price list for domain name prices?

I would really appreciate any feedback or guidance, thank you.

Edited by Dan The Man

I was able to use the code from this very useful post to add the domain price list again: https://forums.whmcs.com/showthread.php?119130-WHMCS-v7-explore-domain-TLDs&p=494346#post494346

But that code is to create a new page which displays the prices separately, I am looking to please show the prices below the domain search box on the cart.php?a=add&domain=register page of our website.

How would I be able to implement a bulk domain search/register, bulk domain transfer and a price list for domain name prices?

for the first two, with great difficulty as the functionality has been removed... if you need these bulk options, the simplest solution would have been to stick with v6.

But that code is to create a new page which displays the prices separately, I am looking to please show the prices below the domain search box on the cart.php?a=add&domain=register page of our website.

the domain pricing table data feed ? the code can be expanded to suit your needs.

http://docs.whmcs.com/Data_Feeds#Domain_Pricing_Table

the only other way would be to query the database, via an action hook, and then output it's values in the template.

Thank you for the reply brian!

Always great to hear from you.

Thank you for the domain pricing feed, that is a step in the right direction - but the code in the above post of mine is better as it enables the currency changed and sorts the domain names by category, but I am still unable to implement it on the specific domain cart page please.

I have found this plugin which looks promising: https://www.modulesgarden.com/products/whmcs/domain-orders-extended

Do you have any experience with it, I think it could assist me with the bulk domain issue, but I hope it works like the old WHMCS one where each additional domain can be added in a new line.

At $99 the price is relatively steep for a feature that WHMCS should provide.

Would you or any developer be able to assist me to implement a bulk domain search/register option as well as the domain pricing table in the cart please?

Thank you for the domain pricing feed, that is a step in the right direction - but the code in the above post of mine is better as it enables the currency changed and sorts the domain names by category, but I am still unable to implement it on the specific domain cart page please.

as I said, the code is expandable - e.g you could have currency buttons on your site, all linked to the same feed but specifying different currencies in the url... categories is just a tweak to the query and output... I say 'just', but I can imagine it would be a pain to do - as it's not just one table, but multiple database tables being queried. :twisted:

the best, and simplest, implementation I saw of the pricing feed with v7 was to add a button below the domain search in v7 that opens the feed in a new window.

I have found this plugin which looks promising: https://www.modulesgarden.com/products/whmcs/domain-orders-extended

Do you have any experience with it, I think it could assist me with the bulk domain issue, but I hope it works like the old WHMCS one where each additional domain can be added in a new line.

I don't think it does work that way looking at the screenshots...

At $99 the price is relatively steep for a feature that WHMCS should provide.

remember that it's not a one-off payment of $99, but it's $99 every year. :roll:

Would you or any developer be able to assist me to implement a bulk domain search/register option as well as the domain pricing table in the cart please?

if you want a developer to work on your bulk domain issues for v7, you should post in Service Offers & Requests and i'm sure you'll get replies from the usual suspects... regrettably, I don't think it's something i'd be inclined to do.

with regards to the pricing table, WHMCS have previously stated that they're working on adding one to a future release (I think as a separate page rather than included with the cart)... but as per usual with WHMCS, it could be released tomorrow, next year or is vapourware - your guess is as good as mine. :roll:

but let me look at a few things tomorrow (I try not to code on a Saturday!) and i'll see if the v6 table can be output using a feed or a hook.

• 2 months later...