Large number of PHP warnings after upgrade to 7.1.1

Upgraded to 7.1.1, from 6.3.1 and now, several places in the admin panel I get error messages.

For example, on the admin panel home page, I get the following messages:

Warning: implode(): Invalid arguments passed in /home2/XXXXXX/public_html/modules/widgets/Overview.php on line 123

Warning: implode(): Invalid arguments passed in /home2/XXXXXX/public_html/modules/widgets/Automation.php on line 71

Warning: implode(): Invalid arguments passed in /home2/XXXXXX/public_html/modules/widgets/Automation.php on line 72

Warning: implode(): Invalid arguments passed in /home2/XXXXXX/public_html/modules/widgets/Automation.php on line 73

Warning: implode(): Invalid arguments passed in /home2/XXXXXX/public_html/modules/widgets/Automation.php on line 74

Warning: implode(): Invalid arguments passed in /home2/XXXXXX/public_html/modules/widgets/Automation.php on line 75

Warning: implode(): Invalid arguments passed in /home2/XXXXXX/public_html/modules/widgets/Automation.php on line 76

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/XXXXXX/public_html/modules/widgets/ToDo.php on line 37

Other warnings on many of the other pages.

I have uploaded the files twice, just in case something was missed.

For now, I have disabled warnings in PHP, but that's a band-aid, not a fix.

Edited by ttremain

i'm wondering if there is an incompatible v6 hook or addon still floating around?

the errors on the first two files refers to graphs...

assuming you meet the System Requirements for v7 and aren't using any custom admin templates, the three pieces of advice I can give would be..

1. if you have a license direct from WHMCS, you should get a free developers license to test your existing hooks/addons/templates with v7 to ensure compatibility before upgrading your main site (slightly irrelevant if you've already upgraded the site though!).

2. open a ticket with Support and let them have a look at your setup - there's likely something from v6 that is causing this but, from the outside without seeing the setup, it's difficult to guess.

3. personally what I would do when upgrading from v6 to v7 (or any major upgrade really) - and i'm not suggesting that you do this - would be to backup the v6 files and database; delete the files apart from the configuration file and then do a clean install of v7 - that way you know you will have a fresh v7 installation... though i'd only do that after step 1 and ensuring the site was v7 compatible.

have you tried clearing the template cache to see if that resolves the issue?

WOW, got a reply back from support. Their official answer is to disable warnings, and everything will be okay.

I am a coder, and if my code throws warnings, I fix it. Warnings such as these imply something is wrong. It's like a check engine light in your car.

Reminds me of the Wizard of Oz... "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"