Where exactly whois server configuration on WHMCS 7.0 above?

anshari

I've got a warning message in my search do after upgrading to 7.0.1 (just only some local TLD's) :

Fatal error: Call to undefined method WHMCS\Domains\DomainLookup\Provider\Registrar::getStatus() in /home/tscoid/public_html/my/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Domains/DomainLookup/Provider/Registrar.php on line 0

I think the problem is whois server of local domains, not in whmcs configuration, but i've add it in /includes/whoisserver.php

I'm so wondering, when i knew that in the documentation mentioned whois server configuration are in /resources/domains/dist.whois.json, and we can creating a custom file whois.json located at /resources/domains/whois.json to adding others whois server. (http://docs.whmcs.com/WHOIS_Servers#Customising_WHOIS_Servers)

But after I did this, the Activity Log still mentions:

WHOIS Lookup Error for 'dedededededed.or.id': extension not listed in includes / whoisservers.php

Any idea ?

Hello Anshari,

Thanks for you post on the WHMCS Forums.

In version 7 we have a replaced the custom WHOIS servers file with a new JSON file located at /resources/domains/whois.json The below code should help

Could you please add your .id WHOIS server to that and then delete the /includes/whoisserver.php file.

[
   {
       "extensions": ".id,.co.id",
       "uri": "socket://whois.pandi.or.id",
       "available": "DOMAIN NOT FOUND"
   }
]

while Chris' description of the answer is theoretically correct, it's worth noting that the default file, dist.whois.json, is working for the .id entries that it contains (as shown below + 2 more).

{
       "extensions": ".co.id,.desa.id,.web.id,.ac.id,.or.id,.sch.id,.my.id,.biz.id",
   },

therefore, you shouldn't really need to use whois.json for this - unless you wanted to add the missing entry for .id - if so, don't use Chris' entry, which uses the wrong availability string, use the entry below instead.

[
   {
       "extensions": ".id,.ac.id,.biz.id,.co.id,.desa.id,.go.id,.mil.id,.my.id,.net.id,.or.id,.sch.id,.web.id",
   }
]