Contribution: Avoid client confusion on the My products & services table with small enhancements

zomex

Hello there,

I've had a few support tickets in the past regarding confusion on how to manage a product/service in WHMCS.

This is done on the My products & services page by clicking on the product row on the table.

Before:

before.png

As you can see the UI is not very clear, the link will link to the domain (if a hosting plan) or result in an error if it's a product using the licensing addon and there's no button or link to explain that clicking the row will allow you to manage the product/service.

This page is editable in:

/templates/your_template/clientareaproducts.tpl

When viewing this file it's clear that at some point the intension was to dispay a button but for some reason it's been set to display none.

I recommend the following edits which I've just made on my own website to make this table more user friendly:

Find:

<th class="responsive-edit-button" style="display: none;"></th>

change to:

<th> </th>

Find:

<td><strong>{$service.product}</strong>{if $service.domain}<br /><a href="http://{$service.domain}" target="_blank">{$service.domain}</a>{/if}</td>

change to (remove the link to avoid confusion):

<td><strong>{$service.product}</strong>{if $service.domain}<br />{$service.domain}{/if}</td>

Find:

<td class="responsive-edit-button" style="display: none;">
                       <a href="clientarea.php?action=productdetails&id={$service.id}" class="btn btn-block btn-info">
                           {$LANG.manageproduct}
                       </a>
                   </td>

change to (re-add the manage product button):

<td>
                       <a href="clientarea.php?action=productdetails&id={$service.id}" class="btn btn-block btn-info">
                           {$LANG.manageproduct}
                       </a>
                   </td>

-------------

Here is the final result:

after.png

I hope this helps you to easily improve the experience for your clients. It would be great to see WHMCS implement the above or similar changes in the next version.

Regards,

Jack

Thank you! Just working my way through version 7 customisation and this is a handy tip. Majority of my clients have no idea how to get to the products page , clicking on "Active" is not intuitive. This effectively hides the entire cPanel integration. Big button needed :)

Thank you! Just working my way through version 7 customisation and this is a handy tip. Majority of my clients have no idea how to get to the products page , clicking on "Active" is not intuitive. This effectively hides the entire cPanel integration. Big button needed :)

Very happy to hear it's helped you enhance your page also :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...