cheap UK vps provider?

MACscr

I am looking for a quality vps provider that can give me a plain centos vps with 128mb ram, 256 burstable, and 2 ip's for around $12 a month. I know its cheap, but its for a small project of mine. I had found one, but they were incredibly slow to respond to any emails and it was 36 hours and they still had not provisioned my vps, so i canceled. If they were that bad about sales emails and taking that long to setup, its a horrible sign of what the future was going to hold with them.

Just to clarify, the server must be somewhere in the UK. To many companies out there that say they are UK based, but then have their servers in the US.

Any recommendations? Ive been googling a lot, but with no luck.

I can see your point, mine is just the smallest package running Nagios and i've had no problem with downtime. I've spoken to Rus on the WHT IRC channel a few times and he's a friendly enough guy.

They probably do cram quite a few accounts onto each server to make it worthwhile, but speeds seem pretty good.

I just dont get it, every UK company i have tried takes forever to reply to simple email questions and never seem to be able to provision a simple vps in a timely manner. Drives me nuts.

ROFL, i just noticed that they state they have 24/7 support, but then if you look closer, they mention they only try to respond to emails within 24 hours. ROFL. Thats sad.

They also list a couple live support addresses, and it shows they are online, but they never respond. grrr.

Ive gotten one reply from them about checking into if the coupon i wanted was still valid. The order i submitted just turned into a ticket, so i havent even been billed for it yet. So im wondering how long after i get billed will i even get the vps setup. To me, provisioning a vps is pretty dang easy, so anything over 12 hours is a little long. 24 hours is just ridiculous. If i was being told why it was taking so long, it would be different. But at this point, i feel im just being ignored. My feelings would be different if the company didnt claim to have a 24/7 maned support desk. But i also wouldnt buy a web service like this from a company that didnt have 24/7 support as well.

Plain centos vps with 128mb ram, 256 burstable, and 2 ip's for around $12 a month.

I had found one, but they were incredibly slow to respond to any emails and it was 36 hours and they still had not provisioned my vps

For £6/month you're not even likely to get an "ook" from the noc-monkeys let alone an email ;)

Othello, whats the cheapest you can get me something like that. I know your a reputable company.

I wouldnt have thought i could get a vps that cheap either, but i have been able to find them that cheap. Guess the costs are a lot higher in the UK though. The provider i used in the US for $10 a moth has been superb so far.

I have no problem paying more, though i would like to stay under $20 a month since my needs are so small.

I just dont get it, every UK company i have tried takes forever to reply to simple email questions and never seem to be able to provision a simple vps in a timely manner. Drives me nuts.

Cheap, Fast, Reliable

Pick 2 :)

ok, how about just cheap and reliable. =P

I use CheapVPS also, basically CheapVPS is another brand of A2B2 - the support and billing desk is the exact same ;) (VASERV)

CheapVPS is good if you want Cheap, Un Managed UK based VPS'es

Yeah they take a little while to respond to Billing and Sales (I've never gone more than 24 hours waiting). Support is real quick though :P

Othello, whats the cheapest you can get me something like that. I know your a reputable company.

Because we use decent hardware, run a quality network, use commercial paid for and supported software, have experienced staff etc. we simply cant and dont compete with the myriad providers who just d/load a free copy of xen onto an ebay-acquired celeron desktop and provide end-users with VS ;)

Contact me off-thread (phone, email, live-chat, PM) for a WHMCS user special quotation.

Rob