"Proceed to checkout" button too small

visiba

We upgraded to WHMCS 7 today and are struggling with 1 small issue. After adding a domain name to the cart, the text on the button changes to "Proceed to checkout". However, the size of the button does not change, which makes it impossible to have the full text shown on the button.

Screenshot:

checkout.png

have you changed "Checkout" to "Proceed To Checkout" using a language override? :?:

if so, the quick fix would be to either change it back to "Checkout"...

LGT8MIO.png

or modify the CSS, e.g standard_cart/style.css and make two changes... for the main button, change...

.domain-lookup-result .btn {
   width: 100px;
}

to...

.domain-lookup-result .btn {
   padding: 5px 20px
}

and for the spotlight boxes, remove the 'width' value...

.spotlight-tld .btn {
   padding: 2px 10px;
   font-size: 12px;
   line-height: 1.5;
   border-radius: 3px;
   background-color: #555;
   border-color: #333;
   color: #fff;
   width: 88px;
}

from my limited testing, that seems to work - though i'd personally be tempted not to remove the width value from the spotlight box and just use a shorter word. :idea:

31LXEzZ.png

what you should also do is report it as a bug (it's possible one of the WHMCS guys might see the thread and pass it on, but there are no guarantees) - it's definitely not been tested thoroughly enough because if you switch to Norwegian, that has a long string for "Checkout" and gets truncated too with the default settings. :roll:

jFJ0U31.png

I had the same problem and asked WHMCS Support and they answered the following:

You can altering the CSS styling for the buttons using custom CSS as described at http://docs.whmcs.com/Customising_the_Six_Theme#Applying_Custom_CSS_Styling .

For the red "Add to Cart" button, the CSS class is:

.btn-add-to-cart

For the suggested domains:

.suggested-domains .btn

You will need to adjust the height or padding values to get it looking as desired. I trust that gives you a good starting point for your customisations.

They believes that this is an Customisation and not a Bug !

I had the same problem and asked WHMCS Support and they answered the following:{/quote]

I probably should have mentioned to use the custom.css file and throw a few important!s around - except sometimes when testing ideas, it's easier to just modify the original stylesheet! :)

They believes that this is an Customisation and not a Bug !

lol - the old customisation vs bug debate... so the button was intentionally designed by WHMCS to not be wide enough for use in all languages! :roll:

let's see if they tweak it in v7.0.1 :idea:

Otherwise the text HOT,NEW,SALE should be in the language file and not in CSS.

it's even weirder and poorer thought out than that... the label values are in the admin language files, so you can change their text values on the admin side... but as you say, on the client side, it's in the CSS. :roll:

I guess you could redefine the specific css in the .tpl template - that would then allow you to use a language string... but frankly, these labels are just for show anyway, so why changing them has been made so awkward, i'll never know.

it's not like WHMCS have given us a "SALE" label and then provided a way to define a promotion pricing period for a TLD... that's far too logical a step for them to consider! :)

there's another weird bug too.. sorry, design feature...

in the spotlight TLDs, if you include a TLD that has no pricing set, it disables the pricing from being shown for any spotlight TLDs after that..

3BNO7xo.png

in the above image, .co.uk has no pricing set - .com and .net have (the default 14.95)... if I move .co.uk after .com, then the .com price will appear, but not .net.... obviously the solution is to have domain pricing set before adding it as a spotlight TLD, but strange this wasn't noticed during testing.