Disable Automatic CC Processing based on product

caroldaley

I have a feeling the answer is no, but is there a way to Disable Automatic CC Processing based on what product was ordered.

I sell political website packages and have custom websites that are prepaid and include 12 months hosting. I also have template based package that are paid monthly. The monthly packages are billed each month until they cancel. The others are prepaid and include the 12 months hosting. After the 12 months, the client has the option to renew. Most do not.

Right now, I have to manually turn off the automatic billing for those clients. I was hoping there is some sort of hook that would allow for me to keep the billing automatic for the monthly packages and disable it for the other products.

Wishful thinking????

Thanks.

I have a feeling the answer is no, but is there a way to Disable Automatic CC Processing based on what product was ordered.

I sell political website packages and have custom websites that are prepaid and include 12 months hosting. I also have template based package that are paid monthly. The monthly packages are billed each month until they cancel. The others are prepaid and include the 12 months hosting. After the 12 months, the client has the option to renew. Most do not.

Right now, I have to manually turn off the automatic billing for those clients. I was hoping there is some sort of hook that would allow for me to keep the billing automatic for the monthly packages and disable it for the other products.

Wishful thinking????

the problem is that disabling ACCP is done on a client level rather than product (as you probably know!), so I suppose if there were two separate groups of clients, e.g those who had bought monthly and those who were prepaid, then you could do a SQL query to disable ACCP based on their products... the awkward bit comes if you have clients who have both monthly and prepaid products... especially if they're renewing at the same time. :twisted:

what you might be looking at is a pre-cron action hook (runs before the cron), checks which products are going to be charged, sees whether they're monthly/prepaid and adjusts the client's DACCP value accordingly.. though via that method, you'd still run into an issue if both monthly and prepaid occurred for the same client at the same time. :?:

perhaps others will have alternative/better ideas - but if there is a solution, it's almost certainly going to be hook/addon based, so you might want to post in Service Offers & Requests and pay for a developer to code a solution.

• 3 years later...

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I'm in a similar situation at present. We have clients who want to be automatically charged for their recurring costs such as hosting, but we don't want to charge automatically when they have larger invoices such as for website development.

If we used a cron or invoicecreation hook to turn off the client's auto-cc-processing when the invoice exceeds a certain amount, then turned it back on later so that the smaller invoices would be captured, would WHMCS then try to capture the large invoice (which we don't want)?

14 hours ago, steph.hope said:

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I'm in a similar situation at present. We have clients who want to be automatically charged for their recurring costs such as hosting, but we don't want to charge automatically when they have larger invoices such as for website development.

would it not be simpler to assign these invoices to a different gateway, e.g an offline one such as Bank Transfer ? they could still manually choose to pay it if they want, but it would stop any automatic charging from occurring.