Add Gateway Charge - Addon Issue

pRieStaKos

Hello, im trying to make an addon for adding a gateway charge but I cant make it run after the client checks the payment method and proceed to view invoice.

My hook is the following:

function hook_fee_InvoiceChangeGateway($vars)
{
   include "lang/greek.php";
   try {
       $invoiceid = $vars['invoiceid'];
       $paymentmethod = $vars['paymentmethod'];

// Get invoice subtotal
       $query = Capsule::table('tblinvoices')
           ->where('id', $invoiceid)
           ->where('paymentmethod', $paymentmethod)
           ->get();
       $totalDue = $query->subtotal;
       $userid = $query->userid;

if ($paymentmethod == 'paypal') {
           // Get Gateway fee
           $query = Capsule::table('mod_fee')->where('gateway', $paymentmethod)->get();
           // Recalculate
           $percentageFee = $query->percentage;
           $amountFee = ($percentageFee / 100) * $totalDue;
           // Add gateway charge to invoice as item
           Capsule::table('tblinvoiceitems')->insert(
               [
                   'invoiceid' => $invoiceid,
                   'userid' => $userid,
                   'type' => 'GatewayCharge',
                   'relid' => '',
                   'description' => 'Paypal 3.40%',
                   'amount' => $amountFee,
                   'taxed' => 1,
                   'duedate' => 1,
                   'paymentmethod' => $paymentmethod,
                   'notes' => '',
               ]
           );
           echo "Gateway Charge of {$amountFee} is added to Invoice {$invoiceid}";
       } else {
           Capsule::table('tblinvoiceitems')
               ->where('type', 'GatewayCharge')
               ->where('invoiceid', $invoiceid)
               ->delete();
       }
   } catch (\Exception $e) {
       echo "Uh oh! {$e->getMessage()}";
   }
}
add_hook('InvoiceChangeGateway', 1, 'hook_fee_InvoiceChangeGateway');

Any suggestions why this hook is not running and not adding a new invoiceitem in the invoice with the charge ?

Thank you in advance

Edited by priestakos

Hello Priestakos,

I am trying to do the same thing, however, I have found a module from ModulesGarden that does this for any payment gateway. It's called "Payment Gateway Charges". Have you looked into this? I'm having some issues with it so I was looking for other solutions, it seems you are developing your own addon to do the same thing, are you making it for a specific gateway? I am interested to know how it is going for you.

Thanks,

Nick

there is an third-party module available from the App Store...

http://www.whmcs.com/appstore/1626/Set-Gateway-Transaction-Fee.html

I don't know if it's been updated for v6 (you should check with the developer before purchase), but their website (using v6) is still offering the module for a one-off $20.

also, there is an open-source Gateway Fee module @ GitHub... which, going by it's age, I assume works for v5 but probably not v6 - but it may help with your coding. :idea:

https://github.com/delta360/WHMCS-Gateway-Fees

Hello Priestakos,

I am trying to do the same thing, however, I have found a module from ModulesGarden that does this for any payment gateway. It's called "Payment Gateway Charges". Have you looked into this? I'm having some issues with it so I was looking for other solutions, it seems you are developing your own addon to do the same thing, are you making it for a specific gateway? I am interested to know how it is going for you.

Thanks,

Nick

I manage to make progress, with a little help from my friend zstergios but I haven't finish it completly. I'm on a summer break.

Payment Gateway Charges from ModulesGarden got miss-calculate issues and on every update, I have to contact them in order to fix the calculation function again. I dont have the luxury to do it on every update. So I will do it on my own.

there is an third-party module available from the App Store...

http://www.whmcs.com/appstore/1626/Set-Gateway-Transaction-Fee.html

I don't know if it's been updated for v6 (you should check with the developer before purchase), but their website (using v6) is still offering the module for a one-off $20.

also, there is an open-source Gateway Fee module @ GitHub... which, going by it's age, I assume works for v5 but probably not v6 - but it may help with your coding. :idea:

https://github.com/delta360/WHMCS-Gateway-Fees

I already seen this and other open-source modules, even the WHMCS documentation (that should have been updated already, but its not). I already got the idea, but WHMCS seems not to run or log many of my functions.

Note: Due to development, I already updated my module source code, so I overcome many of my issues with WHMCS not running the hook. The above function code is old and changed.

Edited by priestakos

Priestakos,

I tried private messaging you but I don't believe I have sufficient permissions as I am new on the forum. Would you be willing to possibly sell the module you're developing? I've considered purchasing the other third-party module from the App store that brian! mentioned but it has not been updated in quite some time so I am skeptical. Let me know if its even a possibility for you, we can discuss it further privately.

Nick