Preconfigured Packages

charlie0689

Question

Hi,

From what I have seen from tutorials and documentation you can easily sell server space/resources with WHM/CS which looks great. However, my clients don't care about the machine, they want the service it powers.

So my question is, can I offer my clients pre-configured packages? For example, would I be able to have wordpress pre-installed for them if they choose package X?

Thanks

4 answers to this question

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in WHMCS.

Our software would not automatically install Wordpress on a hosting account as standard. However if you have Softaculous installed on your server, they have a addon module for WHMCS which facilitates just that: https://www.softaculous.com/docs/WHMCS_Auto_Install_Module

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in WHMCS.

Our software would not automatically install Wordpress on a hosting account as standard. However if you have Softaculous installed on your server, they have a addon module for WHMCS which facilitates just that: https://www.softaculous.com/docs/WHMCS_Auto_Install_Module

Hi John, thank you for the quick responce. I had a look into Softaculous a few days ago but I don't believe it will quite do what I want (although I haven't purchased it to try yet).

If at all possible I would like to give as little interaction with the setup as possible (if any). Ignoring Wordpress (as it was just an example), would it be possible to execute a list of commands post user/account creation automatically? For example; customer purchases "program x" package, their account is created (exactly like it is now), then a custom script is ran on their virtual machine which would install program x?

This would allow me to install anything I wanted and have it configured exactly as planned.

Also this is no longer a PRE-sale question. Owned WHMCS for a few days now - so far it's great!

Hi,

This isn't something that the stock modules in WHMCS would do. But you could certainly create your own provisioning module to connect to your server and execute the commands you wanted: http://docs.whmcs.com/Provisioning_Module_Developer_Docs

"Provisioning" - That's the world I've been missing! I knew I wasn't alone, I just didn't know how to word what I wanted. Loads of cool WHMCS plugins out there already :)

Thank you John.