cannot send mail via TLS

snake

I have tried to switch WHMCS to send mail via TLS, but it just gives error that it cannot connect to server.

TLS is running on the standard port 25, the same port that WHMCS is using to send mail on right now, so the only difference is the TLS setting.

I have done external tests to look for problems, but they report that TLS is working just fine, and I have other apps sending TLS mail through this server just fine.

Since the only option to select in WHMCS is TLS/SSL or none, I don't really know what else I can try.

@snake is the smtp server on the same server as WHMCS? If not, one thing I found was PORT 465 was blocked outbound when we set up ours a while back. But understand you are using 25.

I would try SSL PORT 465 (confirm open outbound) and make sure Mail Encoding is set to 8bit (and making sure Mail Type is SMTP).

That is what we are using at the moment.

Good luck to you.