Is there anyway to achieve this?

yggdrasil

I'm thinking more and more on how to accomplish this and I decided to rather have the feedback from the community. WHMCS does not have an option to limit a product per customer account like other systems have. Limit means for example I have Product X and I only want 1 allowed per account.

The obvious thing is trying to use some coupon combination which allows that per account limit, and somehow raising the pricing to something not affordable by the user like 9999 and then apply the coupon trough the order link or similar so its payable.

The other idea I came up is maybe hiding the product from the order system by using some smarty or database query and checking if the user already has that product active, is yes, hide the product (but which would not actually avoid the user from ordering directly if he knows the link)

What other idea or trick could I use here? Any ideas?

don't know if it still works with v6, but the addon below is free so might be worth giving it a go...

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?68975-WHMCS-Product-Limiter-%28Free%29

Thanks, I usually prefer not to rely on addons for the reason developers don't support them very long and they tend to be encoded which is a trap. But that ones seems to be open code and even open source, so I may try it.

Thanks for the suggestion.