Can't get Department Variables to work

yggdrasil

I'm trying to display some text if a specific department is selected and for some reason it just will not work. I tried both with ID and Name, and it will show on any department I click instead of only displaying for that specific department.

I tried different combinations like:

{if $department.id eq "1"}Test{/if}

{if $department.id eq 1}test{/if}

{if $department.name eq Sales}test{/if}

Even:

{if $filename eq "submitticket" and $department.id eq "1"}Test{/if}

Nothing. It will not work. The page I'm trying to display this is in the template file supportticketsubmit-steptwo.tpl

The text will display but for all departments.

try the following...

{if $department.id eq 1 or $deptid eq 1}success{else}failure!{/if}

if they choose another department and then change it in the dropdown to your specific one, the "success" message won't display, but I assume that's not important; if they choose the specific department from step one, then you should see "success".

I think $deptid only exists for client only departments - e.g they need to be logged in; if this was for a public department, then $deptid wouldn't necessary exist (unless the client was logged in)... if not logged in and public, then I think $department.id would work.

I think $deptid only exists for client only departments - e.g they need to be logged in; if this was for a public department, then $deptid wouldn't necessary exist (unless the client was logged in)... if not logged in and public, then I think $department.id would work.

Didn't think about that.

Yes, I was testing this as a logged in user and for a non public department. Thanks again!