Different currency, different price?

JonasHuth

Question

Hi,

we would like to use one WHMCS installation to serve customers from the US and EU.

A VPS should be 99 Euro for EU customers and 119$ for US customers. So fixed prices, "nice prices", that cannot be realized using fixed currency rates.

How can we set up prices in multiple currencies for products, i.e. WITHOUT using a currency/exchange rate? (That won't allow us to have "nice" prices for all products, i.e. the second bigger VPS would be 199 Euro for EU customers and 249$ for US customers).

Is there a module? Or display different products/prices based on geolocation?

Thanks

Johan

3 answers to this question

Johan,

we would like to use one WHMCS installation to serve customers from the US and EU.

A VPS should be 99 Euro for EU customers and 119$ for US customers. So fixed prices, "nice prices", that cannot be realized using fixed currency rates.

How can we set up prices in multiple currencies for products, i.e. WITHOUT using a currency/exchange rate? (That won't allow us to have "nice" prices for all products, i.e. the second bigger VPS would be 199 Euro for EU customers and 249$ for US customers).

Is there a module? Or display different products/prices based on geolocation?

the answer to this is in two parts..

1. you can sell your products in multiple currencies and they will remain fixed as long as you don't enable the Automation Currency Auto Update... or specifically the "Update Product Prices" option.

http://docs.whmcs.com/Automation_Settings#Currency_Auto_Update_Settings

2. with regards to geolocation, there is an addon for that...

https://www.whmcs.com/appstore/4762/GeoIP-Localisation.html

the other thing to know is that after they've ordered, customers can't change their currency - so if I order today from you in Euro, all my future orders will be in Euro too.

the other thing to know is that after they've ordered, customers can't change their currency - so if I order today from you in Euro, all my future orders will be in Euro too.

Admin can change the default currency of a customer.

Does exist any add-on which allow the client to do so on his own?

Admin can change the default currency of a customer.

they can, but they shouldn't do so... unless the client hasn't ordered previously. :idea:

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?103126-Expert-question-Default-Currency-ID-change&p=426642#post426642

We do not recommend changing the default currency once you have invoices and orders in the system. Changing a client's currency will change the symbol, but it won't automatically convert the service prices, invoice and transaction history into the appropriate amount in the new currency. That would need to be done manually.

just because an admin has the power to do something within WHMCS, it doesn't necessarily mean that they should do so! :)

Does exist any add-on which allow the client to do so on his own?

I can't think of one and i'd be amazed if one even exists - it can cause enough trouble when an admin changes currency, you wouldn't necessarily want clients being able to do it too!