Domain Reminder emails not being sent

isdoo

Hi,

I have set the first reminder at 60 days, then 30, then 14, then 7 then 1 day.

Looking at my list of domains I have a few due to renew in December.

All these should have by now generated the 60 day reminder. For example we have some due to be renewed on the 22/12/07 - this is now within the 60 day period.

These are all MB imported domains, which shouldn't make an issue, so what have I done wrong?

I've also noticed this error - I've had a 30 day reminder sent out on 28/10 for a domain that expired on the 28/10, but the reminder email listed the expiry date as the 28/9 - the date that I have set as the due date for internal invoicing purposes.

The only logic I can see here is that the reminder has been sent 30 days after the due date. Do the reminders work according to the due date or the renewal date?

Agree - something is not right.

The system has finally sent out some reminder emails saying...

The domain name listed below will expire in 15 days.

mydomain.co.uk - 15/10/2007

However this expiry date was 15 days ago not 15 days into the future.

Something is not right as no other reminders have been sent.

:(

has anyone tried putting -15 -30 etc in a the date modfier ?

seems logical to me....

Mine have been working right out of the box :D I did delete the entire install except for the configuration file when I did our upgrade though. There are several files that are part of earlier versions that are not in the new version so I felt it would be better to have the file system as if a new install was done.

But if the reminder date has already passed the reminder is skipped. For instance, if you upgraded to 3.4 with domains which are due in 5 days, all reminders earlier than 5 days would be skipped.

But if the reminder date has already passed the reminder is skipped. For instance, if you upgraded to 3.4 with domains which are due in 5 days, all reminders earlier than 5 days would be skipped.

Makes sense, however I am certainly not getting any reminders except for the 4 Nominet (UK) domains that had expired a month earlier.

I have now lowered my earliest date to 30 with the 5th reminder at zero - otherwise people are going to get reminders before the invoice is issued - which will only confuse them LOL

I can but only wait and see - but I know that I have domains due within this period.

BTW - mine was a new install at 3.4 - albeit imported from MB.

Hi All,

I've switched all the reminder dates in my system to minus figures, and it now sends out the reminders at the correct time. The only problem is that in the reminder email it tells the client that the domain will expire in -15 days for example, when the date clearly reads 15 days in the future. Small point, but still slightly confusing.

My system is also an upgrade from 3.2 to 3.3 and now 3.4 so perhaps there is something to do with old files that are no longer needed being included in the installation.

The due date is the trigger date for the reminder emails - i have a number of legacy clients on the system who pay via cheque, so I've set their due dates a month before the expiry date to allow time for sending out the invoices and receiving payments before the domains are actually renewed. These client's reminders are sent out at times relative to the due date, not the expiry date.