PayPal - v3.4

crucial

Does anyone know in detail how v3.4 PayPal module works? I checked the documentation but its still for the old version so wasn't sure...

We transfered all our clients over from the old PayPal Invoicing module, as well as PayPal subscriptions. With the new PayPal module which combines both of these, we are having issues where clients are paying by subscriptions are paying twice, as they view the invoice then pay via the invoice, but then pay again when their previous subscription payment comes through.

Does the new PayPal module supposed to track incoming subscription payments?

If a client has paid via a subscription already, are they still going to receive an invoice and have the 2 payment links available to them?

Is there a way to force any new payments to be invoiced only, rather than just subscription only?

Thanks!

Aaron

We're also having issues with people paying twice, and creating multiple paypal subscriptions. I raised this issue earlier, as I think it needs to be "re-thought".

Yeah we were pleasantly surprised moving to WHMCS in January and liked how clients weren't emailed the invoice when on paypal subscriptions. Unfortunately it was at the cost of not creating the invoice which causes problems when a subscription failed multiple times and a customer was in the hole as new charges weren't created on the next due date.

The current system would work nicer if those with active subscriptions were invoiced differently. Currently we edit the invoice notice to say

If you have a current PayPal subscription active, ignore this invoice. Your payment will be automatically deducted."

Issues like this make me very nervous. I don't like having to customize things to circumvent some issue/problem introduced in a new release.

Ok, to summarize we should add a little reminder to the Invoice Created template and the invoice itself (pdfconfig.php)?

• WHMCS CEO

I don't know why everyone is making such a big deal about this. We invoice you all each month - and most have PayPal Subscriptions. Sure you get the odd person double paying, but refunding people is not hard or adding credit or extending their due date - however you want to handle it. Most of our customers certainly remember that they have a subscription and so should yours if they have chosen to pay using PayPal Subscriptions - they are clearly familiar with PayPal, have an account, and know what the service does to have chosen it. It has to be better knowing when people haven't paid by having the invoice there and possibly getting overpaid than having no invoice at all.

Matt

I don't know why everyone is making such a big deal about this. We invoice you all each month - and most have PayPal Subscriptions. Sure you get the odd person double paying, but refunding people is not hard or adding credit or extending their due date - however you want to handle it. Most of our customers certainly remember that they have a subscription and so should yours if they have chosen to pay using PayPal Subscriptions - they are clearly familiar with PayPal, have an account, and know what the service does to have chosen it. It has to be better knowing when people haven't paid by having the invoice there and possibly getting overpaid than having no invoice at all.

Matt

Hi Matt,

I'm not saying its a big deal, just asking how others have been dealing with the issues :)

Would it be possible to get an option to only have the payment option only allow future payments via invoices? (like you have with forcing subscriptions)

The module is a good way to combine both types of payments, I'm not saying its bad!

Thanks!

Aaron