Domains Status

Si

Hi,

I have a list of about 900 domains that I'm importing into WHMCS. Trouble is I don't have any definitive way of knowing which are active and which are expired.

If I import them into WHMCS with a status of 'Active' will the status be updated by the api connection with enom and nominet?

Or is this something I'll just have to go through and manually fix?

Thanks for any pointers

Si

Hi,

I have a list of about 900 domains that I'm importing into WHMCS. Trouble is I don't have any definitive way of knowing which are active and which are expired.

If I import them into WHMCS with a status of 'Active' will the status be updated by the api connection with enom and nominet...

Si

Hi Si,

You could make a script that conencts to the whois servers and gets the status, then write wich domains are active to a csv or db file, that might help you?

Or what are you exporting the information from AWBS/MBill etc? Could you run a DB export on only the domains that are active and non expired?

Chris

You should be able to know if a domain is active or expired from the next due payment date. It won't be automatically updated from the registrar.

Matt

Hi Matt,

The problem is, (from my understanding) that when an invoice is generated the next due payment date is moved on. If the invoice is then cancelled by the customer and the domain expires, the next due payment date still shows an advance date.

Si

So does the next due payment date only advance upon payment of the invoice?

If that is the case how does that work for imported accounts / domains?

this is partly what is concerning me. I've done an import from modernbill and I don't know exactly why at this stage, but domains that shouldn't be expired are marked as expired etc and other issues.

So, what we're in the process of doing is taking all of our domains information out of WHMCS and cross referencing them with the registrars databases (enom and nominet), before dumping them back into WHMCS, hopefully with the exact whois information reflected in WHMCS that is with the registrars.

• WHMCS CEO
So does the next due payment date only advance upon payment of the invoice?

Of course, until a user pays, the next due date for an item has not changed.

So, what we're in the process of doing is taking all of our domains information out of WHMCS and cross referencing them with the registrars databases (enom and nominet), before dumping them back into WHMCS, hopefully with the exact whois information reflected in WHMCS that is with the registrars.

There's also the possibility of having a script developed to automatically do this if you wish - just open a ticket.

Matt

There's also the possibility of having a script developed to automatically do this if you wish - just open a ticket.

Matt

I would love this feature so much; being able to import from WHM and having the domain expiry date retrieved from whois and being correct would be wonderful.

On a slight tangent, it would be great having the next anniversary of the account creation date being used by default as the WHMCS next due date, and taken as the creation date in WHMCS etc. I'd do this meself if I had the source for the file in question :)

Having both of these features would be yet another market distinction for WHMCS - I doubt any of the others can do either of these; making import as trivial as possible is always going to help WHMCS.