Trying to add Admin Notes kills stock control

Da1

I have an "Other Product/Service (Auto Release)" setup with stock control (1 account per server).

1. Click "List All Orders".

2. Click on an order ID.

3. Click on "Product/Service" in the "Item" column.

4. Click "Save Changes" (doesn't matter if you make any changes or not -- but I found this because I was trying to make some Admin Notes entries)

The customer's server, which was listed as "1/1" under the "Active Accounts" column, is now listed as "0/1" and being re-sold...

I've tracked the bug down to the db's tblhosting.server value -- it gets set to "0" whenever the "Save Changes" button is clicked.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

After some further discussion we have decided to close this case as "Won't Fix". Some of the difficulty here is when you say "stock control" you can be talking about two different things:

1) Setting up a server and making a limit for how many accounts can be created on that server. Under: Setup > Products/Services > Products/Services

2) Using the stock control settings in the Setup > Products/Services > Products/Services. As is described here: http://docs.whmcs.com/Products_and_Services

In WHMCS 6.0 we blocked people from Adding a Server with the Autorelease module because the way we use servers assumes we have a server module that can perform automation functions. However when you make a product and pick the autorelease module, you can currently select a server group that does not contain any autorelease servers. If you do that you can get the behavior you are reporting. We have made a new case to ensure that when you pick a server group, there is at least one server with the same module type you are using for the product. Ultimately we did not imagine people would use servers with a different module type as a form of stock control and we can't confirm that you won't hit further issues going forward.

Going forward if you want to limit the number of products sold we recommend using the product / services stock control. If you have 8 different dedicated servers with the same details, then you can limit it to 8 servers. Or if each server is unique, use 1 for the limit and show a number of products.

Have a great day,

Nate C