building a simple addon questions

bluesteam

Hi All,

I'm looking at building a simple addon that can be used from the admin portal only. No users will have access to this addon. Only the admins. I have never built an addon before but I figured this would be a nice challenge.

I have read the following documentation: http://docs.whmcs.com/Creating_Modules

But this documentation seems a little vague. It just shows the functions that can be used i your code to perform actions and that you need to name the main php file the same as the name of the module. But it doesn't really explain where to write the code for the actual addon pages inside WHMCS and where to put the code for actual user interactions.

Can anyone help me here?

Thanks

Brett

Thanks Sentq :)

The documentation is quite vague sometimes. For example, the attached PDF is part of the ModuleDevKit download and in that PDF it doesn't even mention the _output function.

WHMCS Provisioning Module Docs.pdf

Yet, when I navigate here: http://docs.whmcs.com/Addon_Modules

This mentions it. I guess it would be nice to have proper documentation in one place.

Thanks again.

Edited by bluesteam