Domain transfer process - can someone explain?

Oxford eBooks

Hi,

I'm beta testing our lovely new WHMCS installation and so far it's going very well and I'm LOVING WHMCS.

I thought I'd try my first "REAL" account with a new customer (who has the patience to allow me to muck about for a while!). Their account requires a .co.uk domain to be transferred.

So, I selected transfer domain in the cart process, it added it to their account, billed for it etc and then the hosting account setup (with Heart) failed with an error about the domain not being available for transfer.

Now, this is fine and correct as the IPSTAG wasn't changed. I did this on purpose as I'm sure that a lot of customers won't know they need to do this.

But outwardly, to the customer there's no sign that anything has gone wrong. The account setup failed and is now sitting there doing nothing. I tried letting the CHRON job run to see if it sent any reminders about pending domain transfers, but nothing.

I then set the IPSTAG and ran the CHRON job again when I saw it had taken effect, hoping that it might pick this up and complete the setup but nothing.

So, my question(s): What should the proper process be to allow customers to transfer domains when buying hosting, and is the process supposed to be automated?

It's going to be a pain to have to manually check each account setup and hand-hold the domain transfer.

I suspect that if I go to the services setting in my control panel for the user's account and issue a CREATE command that it'll go ahead and complete the setup , but I really don't want to have to do this manually - I might miss one and cause delay and disappointment to my lovely customers!

The process seems to be smooth for .COM domains, as the system set up an account with a reference domain, presumably waiting for the domain purchase... it remains to be seen how things go with a LIVE domain purchase though.

Thanks in advance!

Andy