Syntax error in template "mailTemplate:plaintext"

jconlin

After updating to 6x, I'm getting this error in the System Activity log. Monthly recurring invoices were not being sent out to customers. Payment confirmations are fine.

I found the following errors in the logs:

Smarty Error: Syntax error in template "mailTemplate:plaintext" on line 311 "{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";" - Unexpected ":", expected one of: "}"

Smarty Error: Syntax error in template "mailTemplate:message" on line 312 "{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";" - Unexpected ":", expected one of: "}"

What is the best way to fix this?

Thank you.

any custom html/smarty in the email template - I assume specifically the "Invoice Created" email template ?

i'm thinking it might be the content of the email and/or the global email css - it might also be caused by a dodgy action hook that worked fine in v5, but is broken in v6.

i'd suggest checking out the hooks folder to see if there is a hook causing this - e.g you could remove any non-essential hooks and see if the cron runs without an issue... failing that, examine the content of the email template.

ultimately though, for something like this, it might be worth opening a support ticket - I don't recall seeing that error before, so it may be specific to v6.

After updating to 6x, I'm getting this error in the System Activity log. Monthly recurring invoices were not being sent out to customers. Payment confirmations are fine.

I found the following errors in the logs:

Smarty Error: Syntax error in template "mailTemplate:plaintext" on line 311 "{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";" - Unexpected ":", expected one of: "}"

Smarty Error: Syntax error in template "mailTemplate:message" on line 312 "{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";" - Unexpected ":", expected one of: "}"

Thank you.

copied something from MS office?

copied something from MS office?

No just used the built in email and changed some text while it was still v5.

- - - Updated - - -

any custom html/smarty in the email template - I assume specifically the "Invoice Created" email template ?

i'm thinking it might be the content of the email and/or the global email css - it might also be caused by a dodgy action hook that worked fine in v5, but is broken in v6.

i'd suggest checking out the hooks folder to see if there is a hook causing this - e.g you could remove any non-essential hooks and see if the cron runs without an issue... failing that, examine the content of the email template.

ultimately though, for something like this, it might be worth opening a support ticket - I don't recall seeing that error before, so it may be specific to v6.

Yes, it's just the "Invoice Created" template. All other templates are fine. I checked the "hooks" folder. Only 2 times, CookieOverRideHook.php and example.php.

Is there a way to kick out the email to test it, after making changes to the template?

Thanks for the help.

try to clear this email text styles, maybe copy it's content to external notepad or something, and remove any text in editor, then copy and paste the content again but use the paste icon in editor

Did that and it worked! "Invoice Created" template is working perfectly now.

Thank you for the help!

- - - Updated - - -

with regards to test sending, if you have a test account (e.g not a client) with an existing invoice, you can go to invoices in the admin area (billings -> invoices), select the invoice, choose "Invoice Created" from the dropdown and press "Send Email".

Good idea, that worked. Also tried sentq's suggestion to clear template and that worked also. Thank you for help!