Adding a Menu Item to Client Area's Top Navigation in WHMCS 6

davet

Which template file can I edit in WHMCS 6 to add a menu item in the drop-down menu within the Client Area?

I'm trying to add a menu item to link to the Addon for AutoUnblock csf as described here http://www.gk-root.com/GK-Apps/AutoUnblock-csf/#Template editing but it seems Template six is a bit different from the WHMCS 5 default template as far as editing it is concerned.

Twas a legitimate question - I need the answer. I've not used hooks before with WHMCS and I've read through the documentation and have failed.

I simply am trying to remove links from the top bar. Found that code and put it into a file named hooks.php and placed it in the modules folder. Now, if I've read the directions incorrectly, I would love to know it because that didn't work. That's with copying the exact hook code from the edit menu links page - which is the announcements link. Nothing happened.

Please illuminate.

I am a experienced designer, developer and write documentation for this kind of thing. Not a newbie, folks - maybe a tired pro but not a newbie.

I simply am trying to remove links from the top bar. Found that code and put it into a file named hooks.php and placed it in the modules folder. Now, if I've read the directions incorrectly, I would love to know it because that didn't work. That's with copying the exact hook code from the edit menu links page - which is the announcements link. Nothing happened.

that's where you went wrong - hooks such as these should go in the 'hooks' folder inside includes...

/includes/hooks/

put them in there and they should work immediately.

Hello,

I finally figured it out :) Please disregard my question..

Thanks,

Laura

How did you solve that?

I can't seem to fix the links if the client is not logged in.

I have this hook which only works if the client is logged in:

{
   $navItem = $primaryNavbar->getChild('Open Ticket');
   if (is_null($navItem)) {
       return;
   }

$navItem->setUri('https://www.test.com/contact/');

}

What change do I make to ensure the same shows if someone is not logged in?

Thanks in advance for any direction here..

Edited by mezzo
code info