Warning Bug in v5.3.14 Breaks Paypal Gateway

I updated from v5.3.13 to v5.3.14 and it breaks Paypal express gateway.

The products and prices are not updated in the Paypal order before the customer logs into paypal and also even after logging into paypal you are unable to see any products or prices.

Someone already posted about this bug and it was closed, obviously it wasn't checked properly before closing.

Hello Danning,

Thanks for reporting this. I think I have been able to reproduce your error. When using paypal express I get a different behavior then previously. Once I login and select a paypal account, I am directed back to the WHMCS cart page with the client details from paypal auto-populated in the create a new account page. Clicking complete the order allows for the order to be made and the order is marked paid. Checking my paypal express sandbox, I am able to see the transaction in that system.

When I use the paypal module, I get the traditional redirect to a payment page showing the invoice number and price and I confirm there.

I have opened CORE-8584 to track this. We will be working with Paypal to investigate if this is the intended behavior going forward. The paypal express module was not changed at all during the 5.3.14 dev cycle and I am not convinced at this time that the change of behavior on paypal's end has anything to do with a change in our products behavior.

Have a great day,

Nate C

Hello,

I have reviewed this with our team. As indicated in my last reply, in my testing the paypal express payment it went through without issue. I checked the data being sent from 5.3.13 and 5.3.14 and it was the same. I also noticed the same interface on paypal's side. Ultimately what paypal chooses to display is an issue you need to take up with them.

When you login to Paypal after taking a paypal express payment redirect, you are given a large button titled: "Continue" with notes saying: "You will be given a chance to review the items for purchase after clicking this button." The transaction happens after you are redirected back to the WHMCS cart and click the complete checkout button.

As such we have closed case CORE-8584 as "won't fix", have a great day.

Nate C