Anyone using ServerPing Module?

I can't post there because the forums does not let you reply to older threads, so here I go:

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?46117-ServerPing-Offer-Server-Monitoring-to-Your-Customers/page2

Could you please inform about the requirements for the monitoring servers?

You replied to someone the price is fine because he can make revenue, but that only really depends on the resources each check requires.

If a 1 GB ram can do 500x 1 minute checks then it's a complete different story than it can only do 50. As with fail over, you would need 2 servers, and your pricing per monitoring would not be affordable as a provider or host. The reason I ask this is because each alert must be consuming CPU or Ram or both. The question is how much.

Also, why does the WHMCS server need mongo? I understand the monitoring servers but in the WHMCS server isn't that a bit overkill?

I'm interested in your module and like you said, I think the pricing is also right if someone can make money out of it, but this depends on the requirements and benchmarks, as I could not find anything in your website regarding that in particular.

It will depend on how efficient each check is or the resources each monitoring server requires to run simultaneous checks. It does look amazing and very professional.

Hello,

Each monitoring server needs to have at least 512MB of RAM and 20GB of Disk Space. By default each monitoring server runs 30 separate worker tasks that execute each check and a worker queue system (beanstalkd) is used to manage workers. Depending on what your checking and if it responds or not each check only takes a few milliseconds so this system allows you to easily run thousands of checks per minute per server. You can also increase the number of workers if needed.

Mongo is used to store the ServerPing data independent of WHMCS that way checks are still ran even if your WHMCS server is down. Mongo can also be setup in a replicaset easily to ensure redundancy if one of the check servers goes down.

Assuming checking if a url is up, (not port) but checking is a server is up (Apache)

It can perform thousands of check per minute per server? Did you actually tested this out?

WHMCS should only read the data for display in the customer side from the DB, can this mongo run outside of WHMCS for security and performance purposes? Also, in your site there are not many screenshots, what does the customer side have? A status page, a graphic page with the uptime/downtime or what exactly does the user side look from for this alerts?

It would be nice if you could publish some screenshots.

Edited by yggdrasil

We don't have any screenshots, instead we offer a demo and a free trial.

Yes, this system has been tested and used in production for over three years.

Mongo doesn't run on the WHMCS server, it runs on the check worker servers.